• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seeking Info on Dynatrac Pro-Rock 44 Axles

He's not asking about a ford 44 or xj 44 he's asking about the dynatrac 44 which is far superior to any factory 44 ever made, thus the extra cost. Yes it cost more but that's because it's a stronger axle with better parts throughout. I'd buy one if I had the cash and by even asking I assume he does, I can't understand why people would want to try and talk him into getting a weaker axle even if it is cheaper, a stock 44 isn't really much of an upgrade when you look at the parts offered, that said you'd need to spend a good bit of cash upgrading it anyway to get it anywhere near as strong as the dynatrac.
A built 44 will be as strong as the Dynatrac for less money. Hmm...why would we recommend a similar option for less money?

Again thanks for all the information about other cheaper options.

I'll keep checking local salvage yards for a few months and then total up what it might cost to build up my own (Front/Rear Discs/4.56:1 gears/ARB Air Lockers/Chromo-Shafts/Bearings/E-Brake Cable) vs. the Dynatrac 44's with all the goods.

My main concern about doing it myself is the welding new tubes, mounts, and knuckles.

I got my XJ 44 rear for $1000 used with Detroit, 4.88s, AlloyUSA shafts, and 97 ZJ discs. Keep an eye on the classifieds here and on Pirate, deal come up.

Keep checking Pirate. I got my HP44 with high steer, chromoly's, 5:13 gears, and RE brackets allready welded on and trussed for $800.00. There are deals out there just keep looking.

I didn't see where anyone had offered the G2 44 axle. I really like the ProRock 44 and that would be my choice but I have a couple friends running the G2 with 37's and havent had any problems. Just another option thats out there. Like I said I would run the ProRock becuase of all the options that come with it

Where in Kansas are you located? There are a few good shops in the area that can build some axles to be a direct swap for your jeep.

Rolling in Topeka, KS. I go to Expert Off-Road here in town for everything I can't do myself.

I crawl & camp out at the ORV Park near Randolph, KS. at Tuttle Creek Lake.
(This video isn't mine but it's cool video that gives a decent overview of what is out there.)

A trip to Tuttle Creek ORV Park

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km_tTwuwvoU&feature=related

Last edited:
Check out the midwest chapter. There are a few of us that wheel out at tuttle. I have lost count how many times I have wheeled out there. Its a nice place to wheel. So is KSrocks and Disney OK.

Mike at 4x4Land really knows his stuff and could build you a nice set of axles.

Ya I had a HP 44 with 60 outer in my CJ and it was stout. I used EMS Offroad. Eric is real savvy and fair. The other option is to find a one ton XJ on the cheap and swap em...thats my plan to be 8 luggin it. You dont need one tons unless ur headed bigger than 35's and locked. All that burly one ton high steer feels nice. Steering box bracing, bracing all over basically. Its another level of lower mileage too!

Back