• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motor mount brackets

bigmcgiv

NAXJA Forum User
i keep breaking the mount bracket off on the right side. used grade8 and broke. looking for upgrade brackets. if seen m.o.r.e. brackets look great but steep in the pocket book. i heard of tj and goats. cant find those designs. please help me with more info. tks matt

ive had that problem before and ended up ruining a block trying to get the broken bolts out.

do you have a Tcase drop? hows your tranny mount?

maybe you can tap the block for bigger bolts.

bigmcgiv said:
does anyone know if you can use the stock mounts with the m.o.r.e brackets

I don't run them so I can say for certain, but the MORE mounts fit the stock bracket so I would guess the MORE brackets would fit the stock mounts.

I broke off 2 bolts on the driver side (3rd was loose). I was able to drill them out and replace them with hex heads (G8).

i change all 3 mounts and grade8 bolts on the right side bracket and now the mounts are all shot and broken bolts in the block again. unless im getting crappy mounts. i use it as my daily driver im not out there jumping off cliffs.

Yeah, I use 1.25" long grade 8's and they work fine, I've brokin mine twice as welll. Drill a hole in the bolt, whats left, and easy-out it... Bout the only way.

Don't try the torch trick, it can ruin the block.

Hmmm... the good one I still had left was only 1 inch. I checked them in the holes before I put the bracket back on to make sure they didn't bottom out.

Not sure it would help or not, but I saw a bracket on a (IIRC) 2.5 MJ without AC in the salvage yard the other day that mounted to the frame rail on the passenger side near the front and to the timing cover (where the XJ alternator mount is). It seems this bracket would limit flex on the mounts and may prolong motor mount/bracket bolt life.

bigmcgiv said:
does anyone else make brackets besides m.o.r.e. or browndog

if they do, they're not going to be any cheaper.

if you're playing with the jeep hardcore enough to be breaking the bolts on your motor mounts, you gotta ante up and pay for the good stuff.

it my family vehicle i dont go offroad with it . the only time i have put in 4x4 is when it snows and i put about 100 mi a week on it. im not a young kid out there doing brake stands and netrual drops. i just dont know why it did it again when i replace all 3 mount and used grade 8 fastners.when i did it the holes wer not stripped out either. i want to fix it so it doesnt do it again . the m.o.r.e bracket seem to be my only alternative. i was just looking to save i few dollars if i can if there was something else out there that work also. thanks matt

Back