• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 Fittings

BIG98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Who has a part number for a male fitting that will screw directly into the AW4, with a male part I can slide a hose over to run an auxilary cooler on?

you are looking to do exactly what I was looking to do a few weeks ago.
i was unable to find a fitting because the stock fittings use a thread with an o-ring on it.
i am now planning on using the stock lines cut off just before the flex part starts, single flaring it a bit, and sliding my hose ends on there.
just a thought,
but if you find differently def keep me posted!

I've been working on something like this too. Here's mine:

fitting.jpg

fitting_assy.jpg

I used parts from mcmaster.com. Here's the parts list:

4545K219 (Adapter $ 9.31/EA)
50695K218 (Sleeve $ .74/EA)
50695K226 (Nut $ .91/EA)

This setup requires a 37 deg flaring tool, but I used a 45 deg single flare tool since I couldn't find a cheap 37 deg tool. Hoping for no leaks.

Last edited:
just took a look at the website, for the adapter it says a temp rating up to 212deg. the trans def gets hotter than that, a problem you think?

The lines are 3/8.

I'm confident the temperature will be okay. I can change out the O-ring if it fails. The O-ring is the only non-metal part in the assembly.

are you running the cooler line off of the, 3/8 hard to a soft line to the cooler?
what size inlet/outlet does your cooler have?
im running into a problem that my hard line is 3/8 and my cooler is calling for a 11/16 hose.
just looking to see what you have.

Actually, I'm not running a cooler. I'm doing this to eliminate the quick disconnect fittings at the tranny which I don't have much confidence in. I'm using stock replacement 3/8 trans lines, and modifying the ends.

Good find. I wouldn't use an o-ring. Some thread sealer would be just fine.

But just for reference, you can make this easily accept an o-ring with a washer.

Get a washer with the ID matched to OD of he o-ring. The o-ring needs to be slightly thicker than the washer too. Assemble the pieces and this effectively creates an o-ring groove. In fact, the mcmaster adapter I mentioned above is done this way.

Back