• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hjeepxj's build thread

Allright, here's what I think is my final list of things to do. There's a couple of things left to order, a few things that may get bumped (front PIAA lights maybe), and a couple of variables but this is the list. :eek:

Power wash/Hotsy undercarriage
Remove Interior
Mock cage in
Remove rear wheels and put on tallest jack stands available
Remove rear suspension
Clean/grind areas for rear stiffners
Weld in rear stiffners
Tie in rear of cage to rear stiffners
Top Secret Coat rear end
Install rear rock lights
Install gas tank $1,100 http://genright.com/products/jeep-xj-extended-range-gas-tank-skid-plate-30-5-gal.html
Install rear suspension x? No lift?
BPE's Shackle relocations Shackles Leaves Axle Shocks
Install SYE and driveshaft
Remove front tires and place on high jackstands
Cut out rockers
Install rockers
Tie cage in to rockers
Install front frame stiffners
Install front crossmember stiffner
Coat with Top Secret
Install new steering box x
Install boostwerks steering brace
Install swaybar and swaybar spacer/poly mounts
Install suspension and MOCK UP axle
Coils Control Arms Steering
Mockup Axle and tack track bar bracket and swaybar brackets in place
Remove axle and fully weld it
Sandblast axle
Paint axle
Have dutch setup gears/locker
Assemble axle (brakes)
Install front rock lights
Install suspension, steering, and axle
BPE's Coils Control arms Trackbar Steering Shocks
Install tires
Install Hooligan fenders
Coat interior with Top Secret x
Install sound deadener

Wire in: Rear cube lights x
Rear hatch lights
CB Antenna x
CB
Rock lights
Apillar lights
52" curved bar x
PIAA's on front x
Lockers
Air compressor
USB ports x
Winch

Reinstall interior
Get new tires and wheels installed

Mid stiffeners are already done?

One of my trips to Hooligan, I asked how long it takes for him to weld these on:
Rear-4 hours
Mid-4 hours
Front-6 hours

He charges $100/hr for welding.

One of my trips to Hooligan, I asked how long it takes for him to weld these on:
Rear-4 hours
Mid-4 hours
Front-6 hours

So I need to roughly quadruple each of those. :laugh2::tears:

Rear-4 hours
Mid-4 hours
Front-6 hours

Also, I wonder if that includes disassembly and reassembly...

Yes! The fronts take longer because of everything you have to remove for fitting and welding.

Yes! The fronts take longer because of everything you have to remove for fitting and welding.

Well that makes me feel a lot better :laugh: as I was taking it all apart anyway. :thumbup:

Well that makes me feel a lot better :laugh: as I was taking it all apart anyway. :thumbup:

Sounds like you need to call a "welding run!" I have a 110V Lincoln, loaded with flux-core...

FINALLY. We're rolling. 1 rear stiffener, entire interior gutted, rear axle and most of the suspension removed.

Two crazy/crappy things - the passenger side front leaf spring bolt was seized in the SLEEVE of the busing. We had to cut the leaf spring off and then sawzall the bolt on either side to get the end out. :eek: :angry: Also broke a shock bolt :angry:

34826550111_91087827b5_b.jpg

34571223250_12ee94cb0a_b.jpg

34571207610_16975701cf_b.jpg

Mock up:

34571201550_582a62c528_b.jpg

"phase 1" complete thanks to Kittrell's help. Couldn't have done it all without him.

Both rear stiffeners in and painted.

34939252956_90332c5cb8_b.jpg

34939253196_847b19531a_b.jpg

34939253936_e52af953b2_b.jpg

34939254366_2c95a3abd7_b.jpg

Donn did a great job putting up with our guard dog and her crying. LOL

34939255686_ccca4f647e_b.jpg

Awesome build.

I sure wish hooligan pit a little more time into tube flares. They just dead end up high. Not sure they even work as flares

Awesome build.

I sure wish hooligan pit a little more time into tube flares. They just dead end up high. Not sure they even work as flares

Thank you!

I think all of those steel flares stop at that point. I do agree with you however, they could extend down farther.

I'm back looking at your fenders because I'm trying to decide on what flares to run. I think part of what makes the hooligans look bad is your arm holding them up. Just kidding.

Are you going to cut the fenders the fender appears all intact in the photo. Will look much better getting rid of sheet metal under hooligan and also make more room for rubber

I'm back looking at your fenders because I'm trying to decide on what flares to run. I think part of what makes the hooligans look bad is your arm holding them up. Just kidding.

Are you going to cut the fenders the fender appears all intact in the photo. Will look much better getting rid of sheet metal under hooligan and also make more room for rubber

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kittrell's arms! :rof::laugh:

Yes I will be cutting the fenders, I will be posting more pics as it progresses :cheers:

Hurry up!! I want to see how the Hooligans look in person. :eyes:

You're telling me! :D Hoping to get some serious work done this weekend. :cheers:

Back