• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a photo of fuel injector harness connection 97+

01_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I saw the photo request sticky, but I think this post falls under having technical value. If not, please let me know and I can remove it.

If anyone would be able to post a pic similar to the ones below, it would be helpful. I have a 2001 XJ 4.0. I don't know if anything changed in the fuel injector wiring on the '00-01 when they went to the coil packs, but I'm guessing most of the 97+ should be similar.

I recently got my jeep back from having the engine rebuilt and have had a few issues with the quality of the engine reinstall. Today I was able to figure out what the burning plastic smell was that I noticed the past few days. Looks like the wires out of the rail that sits above the fuel injectors is routed down past the first runner on the exhaust manifold and has melted.

Here are a couple pics, with the first showing how it is routed (Blue circle), and a couple more showing the connector.

I've had this thing apart previously to change the 0331 head out, and to change injectors, and I could have sworn this part of the harness came around on the top and attached to where the green circle is on the first photo. Am I wrong? I know something is supposed to be there because there is the mount and one of the small plastic push rivet things sitting there.

It would be great to know how to route this. At this point, I think the connector is to melted to disconnect, so I'm probably going to have to cut it out and reconnect the wires.

Sorry if the pics show up huge, not sure how to change that from Imgur
dyvsNCq.jpg

nX3KkHZ.jpg

kiZlrkW.jpg

Last edited:
The wires you have there are for your O2 senor. They usually route through the gape between the power steering pump and the intake manifold, however the way Greenspan has it works too.

Yes, those are O2 wires. On the 01 they Y out and are supposed to be secured by a bracket on the first bolt holding the fuel rail down (within the green circle in the picture).

I guess I didn't save the post notifications and forgot to check back on this. The pic provided by Greenspan was exactly what I needed.

Jeepedo and md21722, correct that those are the o2 sensor wires, not sure why I wrote it differently in the first post. I knew there was a part of the harness attached to that bracket, but wasn't 100% sure it was the o2 sensor portion.

Thanks!

Back