• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front bumper??? SMITTYBILT???

cjwalkeriii

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so there is a full on smittybilt bumper for sale on here? any feedback on them? I am not to serious and don't need a winch yet, but my stcok bumper is shot and it looks ok for front protection. Any feedback you guys have would be great. Thanks in advance

i personally detest the look of shmitty bumpers on cherokees. but, to quote a great man "It's not what you like, it's the consumer." ......check the for sale section. never seen one in action on rocks but they deal nicely with trees and other vehicles.

Tomken makes a heavy duty basic bumper for front and rear with or without built in receiver hitch. Ridigidco also has a nice looking front for near the same price and so does JCoffroad. Just remember that shipping can be might pricey.

ive had my smittyis since 96 and they have held up well on tress and dropping on rocks. However, b/c the womderful manufacturer did not drill holes in the bottom to release mositure from the tubes and i was a teeneger who did not realize this b/c boobs and beer was more important, which led to the interior of the tubes rusting and that rust has gotten worse and worse so i think it's only a matter of a few more years before thay are no longer even strong enough to be any better than a stock bumper. They're not bad but when i eventually replace them i will go with another bumper. Oh and IMHO i like the tube look.

a frriend of mine with an 85 yoda p/u has them font and back and swears by them. they have survived some awful beatings on his truck...

I have one on my '97 (I bought it used) and it has taken a beating. It is stronger than the vehicle body that it mounts to. I think they look better on the newer body style since the airdam comes off with the stock bumper. See my avatar for an example.

Back