• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a np242 transfer case

cherokeefun

NAXJA Forum User
So I am looking for a np242 transfer case in or around San Jose Ca. Unfortunatly I don't have a lot of money to spend. So if someone has one laying around in there garage I would be glad to come and take it off your hands for what little money I have. You can reach me at [email protected]. Can anyone help me out with this. Thanks. -Geoff

none at the local pick n pull?

I have not checked yet. I figure it would be easier to ask to see if someone had one laying around in there garage before I go and try to hunt one down. I could use a np231 also as long as it has the 21 spline output. So if anyone has anything let me know. Thanks again.

I have one that recently exploded but the tail cone is in good shape. If you want it for parts then fine by me.

Yeah I don't need a tail cone I think I need the speedo gear and most likly a who new T-case. I screwed up big time and didn't check to see if I had enough fluid in my case and there was none, and I ran it that way for an entire day like that. I don't blame it for dying on my. It's my own stupid fault for not checking and I am paying for it right now.

I have one question for you...
picture.JPG

...how did you get the hatch open?! :confused1

I've got two tcases from early XJ's that are in dubious shape. If you get the parts, I can help you rebuild yours - I just haven't pulled these apart to see what they're like inside...

ZPD and Htek - I can pick those up for parts for this rebuild, and if cherokeefun don't mind, I can hang on to what's left to rebuild the ones I've got (they're slated for partial restorals of a couple of my XJs...)

Cherokeefun - you'll probably want to buy a chain and a seal kit, but we can handle the rest here. Probably take a day or so - depending on what shape everything's in. Good way to spend a week-end.

5-90

Here is the catch I nee to do this on Saturday (today) cause that is the only day I have off until I am going on this run next weekend. That would be great if could happen. Pm me and lets talk.

Back