• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a winch

I don't make a habit of bashing online but 4WD.com is a :mad::flamemad: JOKE! Long story short they've lost my business from here on out. You've been warned lol

I have looked at that one actually. What more does it do, I must be missing it? Are you referring to the straps going around the gear body itself?

Yes I am. When you brace the sector shaft, play has to go somewhere so it goes to the box, then the box moves against lovely aged unibody. There will be a noticeable difference with out the clamp, but its not all gone. The clamp fixes that issue.

Mind you, you need make sure the box spacer isn't broken, thats sort of important lol.

Yes I am. When you brace the sector shaft, play has to go somewhere so it goes to the box, then the box moves against lovely aged unibody. There will be a noticeable difference with out the clamp, but its not all gone. The clamp fixes that issue.

Mind you, you need make sure the box spacer isn't broken, thats sort of important lol.

Good info to know, thanks for the breakdown. I'll check there's out. Seems like it would be easier to make something like that...

What did we learn about supporting sponsors?
Just about any of our vendors can get you the same deal

I'd support any vendor that can get me a Warn M8000 for $500. Who is it that you have in mind? I'll place the order today with them and cancel my order with 4WD. I'm weird :laugh3: and like supporting those on these forums and local guys. I bought a recovery rope from a guy 2 miles from my house, same as a Bubba rope. I'd rather put money in my neighbors pocket all day.

I'd support any vendor that can get me a Warn M8000 for $500. Who is it that you have in mind? I'll place the order today with them and cancel my order with 4WD. I'm weird :laugh3: and like supporting those on these forums and local guys. I bought a recovery rope from a guy 2 miles from my house, same as a Bubba rope. I'd rather put money in my neighbors pocket all day.

Quadratec price matches and am pretty sure Daves does also. Some of the other vendors more than likely will also.

I agree 100% on keeping your money local when you can.

Quadratec price matches and am pretty sure Daves does also. Some of the other vendors more than likely will also.

I agree 100% on keeping your money local when you can.

Well the deal I got wasn't a everyday price, they were having 10% off Warn and then 10% off site wide over the weekend, so I'm not sure how that would happen. If you have a member here I can PM then I'll do the leg work but I've been on the phone all morning, so I'm a little tuckered out.

Well the deal I got wasn't a everyday price, they were having 10% off Warn and then 10% off site wide over the weekend, so I'm not sure how that would happen. If you have a member here I can PM then I'll do the leg work but I've been on the phone all morning, so I'm a little tuckered out.

With the sitewide 10% thing they may not match but here is a post from
Quadratec http://www.naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=47373

"The majority of our Web Department own XJ's. They really push for any new XJ parts in the catalog and on the web.

We do price shop our competition now, and if a price is less elsewhere we do price match.

Also: We offer a forum discount to :NAXJA: members! For a discounted quote you can go about it 3 ways:

1) PM me with your first & last name, address, zip and the part numbers you would like to order. I'll reply back with a discounted quote if applicable. This takes 1-2 business days (or less) on average depending on PM volume.

2) E-mail my sales rep Rob at: [email protected] Tell him you're a Forum user and would like a discounted quote. He'll get that going for you. He typically responds within hours if it's Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Eastern.

3) Call my sales line at 1-800-745-2348. Tell them you're a Forum user and would like to place an order with your Forum discount. Their hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-Midnight, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm.

Whichever you prefer works for us.

Thanks & have a great day!

-Rick"

Then there is DavesOffroadSupply http://www.naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=68839
Not sure if he price matches but doesn't hurt to ask.

With the sitewide 10% thing they may not match but here is a post from
Quadratec http://www.naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=47373

"The majority of our Web Department own XJ's. They really push for any new XJ parts in the catalog and on the web.

We do price shop our competition now, and if a price is less elsewhere we do price match.

Also: We offer a forum discount to :NAXJA: members! For a discounted quote you can go about it 3 ways:

1) PM me with your first & last name, address, zip and the part numbers you would like to order. I'll reply back with a discounted quote if applicable. This takes 1-2 business days (or less) on average depending on PM volume.

2) E-mail my sales rep Rob at: [email protected] Tell him you're a Forum user and would like a discounted quote. He'll get that going for you. He typically responds within hours if it's Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Eastern.

3) Call my sales line at 1-800-745-2348. Tell them you're a Forum user and would like to place an order with your Forum discount. Their hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-Midnight, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm.

Whichever you prefer works for us.

Thanks & have a great day!

-Rick"

Then there is DavesOffroadSupply http://www.naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=68839
Not sure if he price matches but doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks for the info! I called Dave, he couldn't match and Quadratec's price is insane @ $727.19, so with the 10% not even close to $497 shipped. I will use this info in the future for Quadratec though, I've had good experiences with them so far.

Nope 4wd and 4wheelparts are the same

Thanks, now I know who else to stay away from :laugh:! It was unreal how unprofessional and unhelpful their customer service people were, they failed multiple times over the course of multiple days, lies and plenty of false promises. Live and learn!

Thanks, now I know who else to stay away from :laugh:! It was unreal how unprofessional and unhelpful their customer service people were, they failed multiple times over the course of multiple days, lies and plenty of false promises. Live and learn!
I have a 4wheeparts local to me and have those experience at their retail location.
So far the best online retailer i have dealt woth is Morris

I have a 4wheeparts local to me and have those experience at their retail location.
So far the best online retailer i have dealt woth is Morris

I agree, I've had great experience with Morris. Bought my front bumper from them. When I got it UPS had destroyed the packaging and lost parts. I sent them an email about what happened, no fauLtd of theirs, and they immediately sent my out the replacement parts at zero cost to me for anything.

I told you guys I'd keep my promise :)

What do you guys think of the solenoid box placement? It's the only spot I can put it, that'll clear that stupid hoop. I feel like keeping it faced down is best. Kinda sucks that I'd be loosing some approach angle but I like being able to take it off when I'm not wheeling.

I plan on adding a L bracket to capture the other mounting bolt you can see above

Back