• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB 98+ Battery tray/Air Intake Elbow/Heavy battery cable

hurley842002

NAXJA Forum User
Getting ready to do a dual battery install in my 99, and am needing the above items to do it. From what I understand, the 98+ XJ's should have the same battery trays, so I need something from one of those years, unless i'm wrong and there are other years that will work.

Will have to re-plumb the snorkel, and I think I can make it work with another factory Air-Intake elbow.

Lastly, I need to know of a good place in the Metro area to go for Battery cable/welding cable? Looking for a place that can cut to length and install fittings. Thanks in advance

If you can find European Diesel parts, that should handle the second battery tray.

Check the hardware/DIY store - you can probably find something in the metal ductwork or in PVC/ABS in plumbing. You'll need a fairly large hardware store, tho - something more akin to Home Depot than Ace hardware.

You'll want an isolator, it protects your starting battery from the "engine-off" draw on the secondary. You can go solid-state or solenoid for this, if you can find a proper solenoid (no, a Ford starter motor solenoid doesn't work very well.)

Cabling? Look down...

Indeed - get with 5-90 about the battery cables he makes - bullet proof! I've never bought them myself, but the BOR rig has 'em (prev. owner put 'em on) and they're awesome!

If you need another stock '98 battery tray and that intake elbow...... I think I know someone who'd have 'em........ :shhh:

I figured you would chime in 5-90, you are an absolute treasure trove of Auto Electric info. All the electronic research i've done on here and other forums, typically includes some good info from you, so thanks for that :thumbup:

I picked up a 140amp Solid State Isolator, and plan on doing the GC 136 amp alternator, so I should be good there. Will send PM for the cabling

Troy, PM incoming :thumbup:

Back