• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 LQ4 4L80 Build

98lsxj

NAXJA Forum User
I will be starting a LS swap next week with my brother and I will do my best to show the progress here. This is the setup as of now, I am open to ideas and appreciate any advice.
Engine
LQ4
BBK intake, Ls1 injectors, Texas speed cam, 243 heads, SBE
Transmission
4l80e stock convertor
231 transfer case with novak adapter to the 4l80
Plan to use my xj radiator that is an aftermarket 3 core with 3 electric fans
rear end swap to 8.8

GM computer with custom tune, Painless harness
Swap specific
Novak Engine Mounts
Novak headers
Novak transfer case cable
LS Simple front drive brackets
GM power steering pump and A/C compressor (will be adapted to xj components)

Still on the to figure out list
Drive line lengths
exhaust from headers back
plan to use corvette fuel regulator and return with 255l pump for fuel
Transmission mount?
air intake system will be figured out in the jeep
thinking of digital gauges off an obd2 dongle rather than doing a tach adapter

Before you order the Novak swap headers, look into c5 manifolds. They flow well, will bolt up to the head and may fit. I'm currently trying to confirm this now. I have the Novak swap headers and can't keep flange gaskets alive on the pass side. If the c5 manifolds fit, they can be had for like $60-80.

Before you order the Novak swap headers, look into c5 manifolds. They flow well, will bolt up to the head and may fit. I'm currently trying to confirm this now. I have the Novak swap headers and can't keep flange gaskets alive on the pass side. If the c5 manifolds fit, they can be had for like $60-80.

That would be great if the headers fit with the Novak mounts. I'm doing a 2005 lq4 swap and I'm about ready to order the Novak headers

So I did go with the novak headers and I am on the fence with the build quality. I think I had them ordered before I saw the suggestions. However they do fit well and give you a ton of room to work so I am happy I am not fighting with them.

xtwshiGb.jpg
[/IMG]
How it looks as of now. I got a lot done and need to figure some small thing out

Last edited:
Back