• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions on Moog WJ LCA's?

You will always find someone on the internet to say a given product is crap.

In my experience, Moog makes a good quality product. That said, I would buy them online, not at your LAPS.

I just installed Moog balljoints and tie rod ends on the front of my 97, and paid about 30% of the LAPS price by going through Amazon. I'm not about to pay $130 for a tie rod end, I don't care if it is 3' long.

Yes indeed. Consider this - I put Masterpro TREs in 6 months ago, aligned the truck, and had DW. I swapped out the parts for Moog 2 weeks ago, did a ballpark alignment, and the truck rides far better. If I could get the weather to cooperate, I'm confident the DW would be gone.

I have used their problem solver control arms on both my xj's so far and no issues what so ever and recommend them for a stock replacement.
Rockauto has usually had the best prices so far.

Years ago I cracked my LCA in my 88XJ. I went to Rock Auto and bought a replacement. The LCA I got was a thinner gauge metal, most likely made in China. Typically, I buy Moog parts. The mistake I made, with my quick purchase, was not buying the Moog LCA. If that Chinese LCA fails, I'll just replace it with a Moog LCA. Lesson learned.

Best regards,

CJR

Back