• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PRP seats

JTProuhet

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on ordering a set of PRP daily drivers for my xj. My question is who all is running PRPs in their xj? Anyone running the +2 widths? Do they fit in a 97+? What did yall do for mounting brackets? PRPs mounting brackets are $55 a piece. Is $110 worth not messing with mounting them? I haven't been able to find a pic of the mounting bracket so idk what they look like to see how hard they would be to make. Thanks in advance

I put a pair in mine in July. The wide ones will be an issue. It would not be hard to make brackets for them although I just bought their's. The seats have four tabs that stick straight down. The mounting brackets are just two L brackets with the wholes in the right place.

PRP is prolly worth the price. they are nice.
Not to completely hijack, but has anyone put TJ seats in a 2dr? that was my biggest issue with the RR seat is it didn't fold forward very far.

I would love to see some detailed pics of the install of a pair of PRP seats.

@dajudge you went with daily drivers? Do you have or could you snap a pic of the mounting brackets and a pic of the seats in your jeep? I can get away with regular width, (I sat in a buddies lj with daily drivers) but the wide ones would fit my rear end better.

I pulled the trigger on a custom pair of their daily driver high back seats. I bought some pre-fabbed brackets awhile back from Blondjon. I should be getting the seats in ~3 weeks (they said 2-4 weeks to build/make and i ordered them about 8 days ago). I WILL be posting some detailed pics of the install in my build thread. I will snap some pics of the brackets that Blondjon made, they are sitting out in my workshop. $110 doesn't seem too bad of a price though for both brackets, might not be worth building some.

I put Daily Drivers in my '95 two door. At first, I thought they didn't have enough side bolster. But, they are very comfortable on long drives, and quite supportive offroad. The lower bolsters make it easy to get into a lifted XJ. I also ordered their adjustable seat brackets. I think the package is well worth the money.

The previous owner made a mess of the seat brackets, so the mounting to the floor is custom. I'm probably too lazy to post pictures, but PM me if you need some.

I bought the standard (not 2+) seats. It's a snug fit for sure. I can't have the seat flipped forward, and easily close the door. I have the full armrest / door pull handle combo, and they interfere with the seat back in the flipped forward position.

David Bricker / SYR

I pulled the trigger on a custom pair of their daily driver high back seats. I bought some pre-fabbed brackets awhile back from Blondjon. I should be getting the seats in ~3 weeks (they said 2-4 weeks to build/make and i ordered them about 8 days ago). I WILL be posting some detailed pics of the install in my build thread. I will snap some pics of the brackets that Blondjon made, they are sitting out in my workshop. $110 doesn't seem too bad of a price though for both brackets, might not be worth building some.

Awesome! Keep me posted on how long it takes and such. And if you could post or send me pics of the mounts that would be greatly appreciated. That sucks about the up to 4 week wait. I guess if I'm shooting to have these things in by winterfest I need to get them ordered asap then.

I put Daily Drivers in my '95 two door. At first, I thought they didn't have enough side bolster. But, they are very comfortable on long drives, and quite supportive offroad. The lower bolsters make it easy to get into a lifted XJ. I also ordered their adjustable seat brackets. I think the package is well worth the money.

The previous owner made a mess of the seat brackets, so the mounting to the floor is custom. I'm probably too lazy to post pictures, but PM me if you need some.

I bought the standard (not 2+) seats. It's a snug fit for sure. I can't have the seat flipped forward, and easily close the door. I have the full armrest / door pull handle combo, and they interfere with the seat back in the flipped forward position.

David Bricker / SYR

Pm in bound. Thanks. I'm all about getting lots of ideas on different ways guys do things. Keeps my option open

My factory sliders were hacked up from a previous custom seat install so I built all new mounts from scratch and just used some universal sliders on the driver's side. The passenger side is fixed. I'll take some pictures this weekend, apparently I don't have any saved.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

@dajudge you went with daily drivers? Do you have or could you snap a pic of the mounting brackets and a pic of the seats in your jeep? I can get away with regular width, (I sat in a buddies lj with daily drivers) but the wide ones would fit my rear end better.

I have the reclining Daily Drivers. I will try to get a pic posted tonight. I am NOT thin and the regular ones are great!

OK, let's see if I can post some pictures of the installation.

PRP Slide assembly, not included with Daily Driver seats
IMGP5493 by david_bricker, on Flickr

Adjustability is why I bought the PRP brackets.
IMGP5494 by david_bricker, on Flickr

Test fitting custom mount to the PRP slides.
IMGP5492 by david_bricker, on Flickr

Passenger side welded in
IMGP5496 by david_bricker, on Flickr

Driver side welded in and primered

IMGP5499 by david_bricker, on Flickr

Heat insulation installed
IMGP5507 by david_bricker, on Flickr

Passenger side carpet installed, and ready to mount seat.
IMGP5515 by david_bricker, on Flickr

Driver side carpet installed, and ready to mount seat.
IMGP5516 by david_bricker, on Flickr

Interestingly enough, I don't have handy pictures of the seats themselves, but they are a standard PRP Daily Driver seat in tan, with lumber support. I have found them really quite comfortable.

David Bricker / SYR

Now I have one more reason I need to spend some quality time with Gomer.

It looks like if it were not for the T-case bump (extra bump at that) you might be able to mount these seats a bit lower than what you have done. How does your current, PRP, seat height compare to the factory seat height? I ask because overhead clearance is a bit of an issue for me, and at the rate they are growing it is going to be an even bigger issue for The Varmints.

Yeah, the bump is to accommodate the fact that the 241OR sits 8" further to the rear now.

I never had factory seats in Gomer. I bought it with nasty "racing"seats that were horribly uncomfortable they way the were installed. The previous owned was very tall, and had moved the factory front mount crossmember rearward about 5". So, nothing stock would have fit easily anyway.

These seats are, I believe, pretty close to stock ride height. I'm only 5' 10", but I can have the seat nearly vertical for offroad visibility, and I don't come close to the headliner.

David Bricker / SYR

One of the other things I did when mounting the seats is to move the passenger seat mount further forward, by about 3", then the original location. Being a 2 door, access into the rear seats is always an issue. With the old seats (not stock), I could barely get a medium ice chest in the back.

Now, with the PRP seats, I can slide the passenger seat forward, and tilt it such that it contacts the dash, enabling a much easier access in to the back seat. Of course, now's that pesky roll cage horizontal bar to have to do the Mambo under, but hey, I do't have to sit in the back seat. About the only bennie of being the owner.

Even with the seat mount moved forward, there is enough travel in the seat slide to have plenty of legroom for the passenger.

David Bricker / SYR

Back