• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help SEARCHING? Post here!

I tried searching, i know my question has been anwsered before, I just can't find it.

Here is my question and my search title:

Will the 98+ front end fit the older fenders, or do I need to buy new fenders to mount the newer front end on my XJ?

I tried front end and fenders
" " frontend and fenders
" " old fenders, new front

ect....:helpme:

Hey there!

The biggest advantage I have in searching for this is knowing that the "front" is commonly referred to as the "front clip"... I dunno why it's called that... but it is. So... I searched Mod-Tech for anything with "Clip" in the title. I found THIS thread, which I believe answers your question (you may find the link inside the thread helpful). If not, try the search and see what else is there (besides C-Clip axle questions
biggrin.gif
)

That one wasn't all that easy... don't feel bad that you couldn't find it!
cheers.gif

Billy

Hey there!

The biggest advantage I have in searching for this is knowing that the "front" is commonly referred to as the "front clip"... I dunno why it's called that... but it is. So... I searched Mod-Tech for anything with "Clip" in the title. I found THIS thread, which I believe answers your question (you may find the link inside the thread helpful). If not, try the search and see what else is there (besides C-Clip axle questions
biggrin.gif
)

That one wasn't all that easy... don't feel bad that you couldn't find it!
cheers.gif

Billy

ah....."front clip" or "rear clip" terms started out in the junkyard jargon...ie hey dufus! go clip the front off that 62 vw....meant you got all the metal up front, not just the hood and fenders...usually some of the surrounding stuff too like a chunk of a-pillar etc.

Any suggestions on searching with numbers? I'm trying to search for posts related to the 2.5L engine (yes, my car's weak, I know) and every combination I try pulls up no results. I know for a fact this isn't right, because I've seen at least 2 posts that had 2.5 or 2.5L in them. I've tried the following: "2.5", "2.5L", and "2.5L*"

Any suggestions on searching with numbers? I'm trying to search for posts related to the 2.5L engine (yes, my car's weak, I know) and every combination I try pulls up no results. I know for a fact this isn't right, because I've seen at least 2 posts that had 2.5 or 2.5L in them. I've tried the following: "2.5", "2.5L", and "2.5L*"

The forum search engine is just not up to the task, but you should have good luck w/ Google. Check here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349

Let me know if that works for you!

HTH,
Billy

I am not trying to be a smart butt, so when you didn't type it I have to assume you didn't search it, here goes: Did you try "4cyl" or "4 banger", or even "4 cylinder"?:twak:

did you try advanced search and change option to include "entire post"

I cant seem to find the picture thread of people showing their lift pictures. It was a HUGE thread, but I just cant find it lol.

Readers Rigs, maybe?

2400 posts, nearly 900,000 views... That's pretty huge.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43180

Robert

Nah, it was completely dedicated to lifts. Everybody would say their lift setup, shackle set up, bump stops, shocks, tires, wheels ect, and then show a pic of it flexing or something.

Im in the process of buying a lift kit for my XJ, and this thread was alot of help to me a while back.... but its of no use if i cant find it haha.

Thanks for the help.

^ Nope im positive it was on these forums.

Glad to know i'm not the only one having trouble finding it :p

Ok, so I'm to the point I'm starting to gather parts to build my 3 link front, it will be going in the same time as my HP44, so I'm not to worried about making it work with a stock axle.

Here is the parameters I'm giving myself:
I will be using my T&T belly pan as my cross member(slightly modified)
I've already ordered my shock, coil, and LCA brackets from Ballistic http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Link-bracket-coil-spring-shock-mount-combo_p_1461.html
I will be using 5.5" Deaver coils up front
I would like to keep the LCAs as high as possible on the body side
I think I want to run the UCA the same length as the lowers, so I can still use the bellypan as a mounting point(I would like to keep as much of this as possible removable, I still play around with the idea of picking up another XJ and swapping everything over, since mine has a large Explorer sized dent in the side)

I've read that optimum separation on the axle is about 8" iirc(forgot to save the link, and don't remember where it was I read it). I would like to try and locate my UCA on the body side(since I will have to worry about packaging more with it) then from there, figure out where to place my lowers, and how high I will be able to get it. I'm still not sure if I want to cut into the floor boards to mount the UCA just yet.

Heres my problem, I've read articles on Pirate, and down loaded the 3-link calculator, but I still haven't found information on how to tell what is a good anti-squat number, and what is considered good separation for the body side. So I can play with the calculator all day long, but I still have no clue as to what I'm looking at when it comes to the numbers.

Ok, so I'm to the point I'm starting to gather parts to build my 3 link front, it will be going in the same time as my HP44, so I'm not to worried about making it work with a stock axle.

Here is the parameters I'm giving myself:
I will be using my T&T belly pan as my cross member(slightly modified)
I've already ordered my shock, coil, and LCA brackets from Ballistic http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Link-bracket-coil-spring-shock-mount-combo_p_1461.html
I will be using 5.5" Deaver coils up front
I would like to keep the LCAs as high as possible on the body side
I think I want to run the UCA the same length as the lowers, so I can still use the bellypan as a mounting point(I would like to keep as much of this as possible removable, I still play around with the idea of picking up another XJ and swapping everything over, since mine has a large Explorer sized dent in the side)

I've read that optimum separation on the axle is about 8" iirc(forgot to save the link, and don't remember where it was I read it). I would like to try and locate my UCA on the body side(since I will have to worry about packaging more with it) then from there, figure out where to place my lowers, and how high I will be able to get it. I'm still not sure if I want to cut into the floor boards to mount the UCA just yet.

Heres my problem, I've read articles on Pirate, and down loaded the 3-link calculator, but I still haven't found information on how to tell what is a good anti-squat number, and what is considered good separation for the body side. So I can play with the calculator all day long, but I still have no clue as to what I'm looking at when it comes to the numbers.

I'm not so sure that this is the best place for your post bro. I'd try posting it in the tech forums (Mod tech or AdFab). You've got some good specific questions that would be hard to answer through searching.
HTH,
Billy

Thanks, I've posted up on Pirate asking pretty much the same thing, and was pointed to look at Vettboys build and one other, but other than that I was just kind of told "Build it so it fits and gets you good travel." and learn how to deal with it, pretty much.:dunno:

I'll see if anyone here can be a little more specific to help get decent anti-dive numbers out of it.

Ok, I figured this was as good a place as any for a first post on the forum... I'm obviously new to the board, but I've spent some time on a few other forums and feel like an idiot for even asking this, but where is the search button? It seems like it would normally be at the top of the page next to the "quick links" drop down menu, but it's not there...

Ok, I figured this was as good a place as any for a first post on the forum... I'm obviously new to the board, but I've spent some time on a few other forums and feel like an idiot for even asking this, but where is the search button? It seems like it would normally be at the top of the page next to the "quick links" drop down menu, but it's not there...

It's not there because you haven't confirmed your registration yet. Look under your user name in the above post. It says "I have not confirmed or used a bad addy". Confirm the registration, if you haven't gotten the registration email yet, check your spam box. If it still isn't there, PM Membership and ask for a new one. Until you confirm, this will be the only place you're allowed to post.

Welcome to the board.

Back