• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 XJ BUILD (WITH LS SWAP)

I'm so glad to have a Southern California/Nevada car....

i feel you there, i was not expecting it to be honest. The jeep is really clean...well i thought it was haha, mine may be in california now but when i bought it for a whopping 500 bucks she was a utah plated vehicle so that explains that.

been a while since i have been on here or updated, alot of stuff came up and the build got put on hold, im just now jumping back into, my motor will be done here soon added some stuff, i ended up with a texas speed and performance cam, hardened pushrods and springs for more lift. When i tore into my motor i found the piston skirts slightly scrapped and the front cam bearing was gouged. I will have the block back soon with new bearings. The heads were cleaned up decked and had a little porting done. While the motor is out, im trying to handle some of the wiring. On the jeep side of things what all do i need to keep? Ignition, battery, and interior stuff?

those of you that have done this swap before, is it possible to use a NP241c from a late 90s gm? For easy of going together with the 4l60e.

yes, you can get an sye for it from jb conversions

also they had a couple different spline count input shafts

you want the 27 spline

So since I haven't posted in a while, not much has changed, got my lady Into a newer dd so it put me on pause for a while. It's pretty cool though (4runner). But as far as the swap I'm just waiting on the accessory drive brackets and I'll drop it in and start saving for a trans. Also I purchased the harness from PSI conversions and i must say I'm very satisfied with it! Great quality!

Been on a bit of a budget lately but I have been sourcing small little pieces to get this thing rollin. I just picked up a cooling fan from a 99 Volvo s70 I believe, pretty much the same as the Taurus fan but it comes with the relay block and easy wiring! Also have most the parts to do my fuel system, areomotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator and new -6an fuel line with pushlok fittings, removed abs hardware and got an adjustable brake proportioning block since I will be going to the 8.8 with disk in the rear it will be easy to adjust on the fly.

Was painting the headers last night and went to shoot some of the white paint and the can was just spraying speckles, so I just said oh well and went with It... I was going for a red, white and blue theme.. Also got some ICT brackets in for power steering and alternator relocation. if things go as planned ill have it dropped in over the holiday weekend and be running all my fuel and brake lines.

I haven't put the alternator on yet but that will hopefully be today.

Got the alternator mounted up, i like it, sits pretty low. I may eventually go with an LS1 style intake but for cost right now I'm just going to chop the hood up little and do a cowl hopefully it comes out ok.

Back