• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

alternator relocation...

jacked

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone relocated their alternator up to the a/c compressor location? my a/c has never worked anyway so i want to remove the compressor and put the alt in its place. are there any oem brackets that can be used or would it be custom?

i guess ill repost this.... YOU NEED A RENIX AC BRACKET TO DO THIS!!!

the first thing i did, was remove the AC, and relocate the altenator. this was a pretty easy job, once we figured out what to do. This only works for renix setups. but making 1 adaptor, and using some washers, it bolts to the stock AC mount. a 75" belt was needed (24" shorter than stock!)

Image%28117%29.jpg

Image%28118%29.jpg

Image%28119%29.jpg

Image%28120%29.jpg

Image%28121%29.jpg

Image%28122%29.jpg

Image%28123%29.jpg

Image%28124%29.jpg

You've got quite the mix there, looks like mustang or SHO tb, 99 intake, renix ac bracket, 96 head...Anyways, do you have to remove the battery at all for this installation? No drilling required at all? If its just in and out then I'm up for trying it.

awesome! just so happens that my XJ is a 90 renix. i plan on upgrading to a HO head in the future but you say it will still bolt up? I was also planning on replacing the mech fan with an electric one and removing the pulley for it like in the pic on the link up above.

Back