• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wj fron brake conversion

thanks to this forum I've easily do a rear disc brake conversion.
now I would like do a front brake and steering conversion, and I've some question about this upgrade:
I must put 16 inch wheels?
there are a thread step by step for this job.
excuse me for my english.
thanks before to all.
Steve

You can fit "some" 15" steel wheels, but not all of them, and if you have aluminum wheels they have to be 16" or larger.
Use something like this to re-drill WJ brake rotors to 5x4.5
The WJ steering knuckle mounts the tie rod 3/4" lower than stock.
The 93-98 (ZJ) Grand Cherokee pitman arm also moves the steering 3/4" lower, so you can use it to compensate if you don't want to change your whole steering setup.
I had an XJ with ZJ rear discs and WJ fronts... I have never had a car that stopped so well, before or since. I miss it!

You can fit "some" 15" steel wheels, but not all of them, and if you have aluminum wheels they have to be 16" or larger.
Use something like this to re-drill WJ brake rotors to 5x4.5
The WJ steering knuckle mounts the tie rod 3/4" lower than stock.
The 93-98 (ZJ) Grand Cherokee pitman arm also moves the steering 3/4" lower, so you can use it to compensate if you don't want to change your whole steering setup.
I had an XJ with ZJ rear discs and WJ fronts... I have never had a car that stopped so well, before or since. I miss it!
Thanks for reply. I've asked for wheel diameter because in italy isn't legal change the wheel diameter (stupid law).
I can only use 31-10.50 x 15 or 33-12.50 x 15....

I was able to put 15" Method Bead Locks on my conversion,I had to sand the calipers a little but that's it.

Back