• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PCV/CCV replacement lines

CWolfe

NAXJA Forum User
So I decided to replace my PCV and CCV grommets and elbows, and in doing so I cracked the CCV line in half. Sourcing the grommets and elbows was no problem, but I’m having a really difficult time finding anyone that sells the lines that run to the intake manifold and the air box...curious as to where everyone’s finding these parts? (96 XJ, 4.0 I6, NP231) Any assistance is much appreciated.

I replaced a couple of mine with ones from the boneyard. I don't see why you can run some hose instead. Might even be a better idea.

Ralph:
I'm not the original owner, but I'm pretty sure all of the PCV/CCV components and lines were original to the vehicle which probably explains why they were all so brittle. I could check the local yard but I'm afraid I might run into the same problem there...what has your experience been trying to salvage parts like this from a junkyard?

Wayne:
I appreciate the link. I'll try to get in touch with them today to check their availability. I see they sell them with the elbows and grommets, or just by themselves.

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

eBay used to have CCV sets with the lines. If you can find the part # or just do a search you’ll probably find a few dealers on eBay with the lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ralph:
I'm not the original owner, but I'm pretty sure all of the PCV/CCV components and lines were original to the vehicle which probably explains why they were all so brittle. I could check the local yard but I'm afraid I might run into the same problem there...what has your experience been trying to salvage parts like this from a junkyard?

Wayne:
I appreciate the link. I'll try to get in touch with them today to check their availability. I see they sell them with the elbows and grommets, or just by themselves.

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

No problem but my Jeep is an '00 so I was stealing them out of '97's to '01's. Thinking a little newer then the '96 and down that you would need. Assuming there is a difference between the 2

Back