• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering upgarde

BasselAlawar

NAXJA Forum User
Greetings,

I am in research phase of steering upgrade, saw synergy kit that it direct bolts on and the teraflex kit that requires some modifications.

Could you kindly help with proper decision! thank you!

We just released our 1-Ton kit as well. What are you wanting to accomplish, and what are your needs? There are a bunch of kits out there, some better in some areas, some better in others. What are your capabilities as far as doing the install yourself? It's easier to help you with a decision if we know what you're working with and what you're looking for.

Hello!

I am basically searching a better steering kit with no drilling requirements, i don't care for high steer, that is why I found the synergy kit suitable!

My current setup is Dana 44 with AGR rock ram, hydro steer kit. Kindly assist!

I would stay away from any of the "T" set-ups! For that money you could go Currie.

My current setup is Dana 44 with AGR rock ram, hydro steer kit. Kindly assist!

If this is your current setup than no that kit will not work for you. What you listed above is a heavily modified setup. The synergy and teraflex kits are made to work with a stock setup and stock axle. You have neither of those.

What seems to be the problem with your current setup?

No problems I just want a 1 ton setup. The current setup looks skinny with the mods surrounding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9bae66c24664db266902ec8bd539e238.jpg

Post a picture of the steering setup looking from the front of the XJ showing all the linkages. Someone will be able to recognize the parts and make recommendations.

From the picture he posted it looks like he is currently running stock steering.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

What is that 44 out of? If it's a TJ then you can use stock, or stock replacement parts. The confusion comes because no XJ came with a 44 front and most swaps are from a different vehicle with different steering dimensions making none of the direct fit stuff usable. If you don't want to drill your options are limited since very few larger/stronger TREs fit the stock taper.

The confusion comes because no XJ came with a 44 front

.....in North America, otherwise yes the XJ was available with a front D44!

I am thinking of the y linkage since as I read is better while dealing with death wobbles! So mainly synergy and currie maintian the y link geometry while they have upgraded HD kits

I am thinking of the y linkage since as I read is better while dealing with death wobbles! So mainly synergy and currie maintian the y link geometry while they have upgraded HD kits

New steering isn't always the fix for death wobble if you even have death wobble

Back