• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I can not find the bmw checkvalve for pre 97 cherokees.

I did use it, yes. Spliced into the supply line near the tank at the first rubber line section above the right axle on my MJ. It helped hold the fuel pressure better overnight, held to ~20 psi in the morning. It's still inline.........

EDIT: Damn - didn't realize the check valve pic was so huge. Mods, please delete if possible.
So any 5/16 check valve should work? Im going to go to a part store if so local.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

I did use it, yes. Spliced into the supply line near the tank at the first rubber line section above the right axle on my MJ. It helped hold the fuel pressure better overnight, held to ~20 psi in the morning. It's still inline.........

EDIT: Damn - didn't realize the check valve pic was so huge. Mods, please delete if possible.
Prob put mine right there. Engine side of filter.
5fd13032f1cff964c57ee0339ccc59e2.jpg

Installed it... Fuel still bled off fast, was puzzled af. Uninstalled. It already went bad...

You can also be losing fuel line pressure at the regulator and/or via leaky injectors.
Ive been diagnosing this for weeks. I bounced back and forth a few times. So i put my gauge literally in the post filter line. So it was tank/pump.. filter.. gauge.

I tried using the ebay check valve once, they suck ass. They are just a small spring holding a plate, and the pressure from the pump is much higher than the spring pressure, so the pump just blows the plate and spring out of the way.

After that I bought a nice heavy brass check valve from McMaster and some flared end fittings https://www.mcmaster.com/#7768k53/=1ac4uo8 I have been running it for a long time, its not perfect but it works well enough. Handles up to 500 PSI head pressure, only requires 1 PSI to open.

McMaster_Check_Valve.sized.jpg

Back