• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projext "V8 XJ" Build

True True! My bad! I love reading through builds like this, still have to check out yours, thanks for the info though, I appreciate it! :cheers:

jeremyb's thread is a good one too.

esentially everything engine management related( aside form gauge related senders, if you use factory gauges that is) can go. everything else stays.

gm harness just needs wired for standalone at minimum, and the computer flashed to remove VATS

The wiring can be as hard or easy as you want to make it. If you do the bare minimum to the harness and use a separate fuse/relay block its not overly difficult. I went nuts and integrated it into the jeep harness quite a bit and used the jeep Power Distribution Center to run everything.

Lots of info on lt1swap.com. Start there.

I also integrated into the Jeep harness and used the Jeep PDC. It's much cleaner than having two harnesses.

Another FYI post. I'm trying to get into the garage to do some Jeep work, but I just can't find the time on my weekends. I'm going to try and get in there after work in the next few weeks to get some earplugs in the transfer case adapter and i might replace the internal oil seal. I have a spare one just in case.

Still need to get the registration figured out. I think i can sell and insure the Jeep under my wife and I can get around paying the outrageous fine and carrying SR22.

I have a buddy that can hopefully build me an exhaust.

great thread man, just finished reading over the whole thing! i plan to embark on this journey here in the next couple months as my 93 is on its last leg. If you could help me out with one question, if i was to run all after market gauges would i just need ignition, and all my body accessory wiring from the xj? I don't mean to steal your thread.

great thread man, just finished reading over the whole thing! i plan to embark on this journey here in the next couple months as my 93 is on its last leg. If you could help me out with one question, if i was to run all after market gauges would i just need ignition, and all my body accessory wiring from the xj? I don't mean to steal your thread.

Not to hijack PJ's thread but I did all aftermarket gauges on my swap. You might browse through my thread to see what I did.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1127403

you can keep the factory gauges on 96- but yes essentially you can get rid of most everything except nessesary circuits

I'd imagine it would be a hell of a lot easier on a 93. I kind-of wish i started with a <95 so i could just be OBD1 smog compliant. Or i really wish I started with a '92 so I could just register as a classic vehicle and not worry about smog at all.

Hey guys so no Jeep update but this is the reason why...

Dude decided to come 6 weeks early so he'll have a stay in the NICU for a little while. Jameson Hunter born 3/10/17

They want a shit load of money too. Whats all left on the jeep?

Registration (big ordeal that I need to either sell the Jeep to my wife or pay a $1200 fine) and exhaust.

Jeep is delayed because we decided to buy a new car. We had a '15 Civic Si that is a little too small for our car seat. So I found something a little bigger (and faster)

Last edited:
I'll buy your heep for 1200$. Haha

Mine took 5 weeks to swap (from running with the 4.0 to running with the 5.3). Then it took me 10 months and 4 referee appointments of tweaking stuff to get it CA smog legal. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Stick with it, its worth it!

Link does not work

How about this?
https://imgur.com/a/eflAL

eflAL

Last edited:
Back