• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New leaf springs

I'm just so VERY proud, like a new papa....:yap::sunshine::laugh:

You should be. This is typically one of the hardest things to accomplish, due to design and age

Who the sam-hell has the real part number and online part number and inventory for the XJ rear leaf spring flange nuts???

I thought it was 14MMx2.0 bolt but I'll be damned if can find the nuts for the Mopar bolts I already bought. The part number I had way back when was the nut for u-bolts, 12mm, not for the 14MM leaf spring bolt. I have new bolts, but no one lists the nuts anywhere.

I must be doing something wrong. It is 14mmx2.0 right?

Who the sam-hell has the real part number and online part number and inventory for the XJ rear leaf spring flange nuts???

I thought it was 14MMx2.0 bolt but I'll be damned if can find the nuts for the Mopar bolts I already bought. The part number I had way back when was the nut for u-bolts, 12mm, not for the 14MM leaf spring bolt. I have new bolts, but no one lists the nuts anywhere.

I must be doing something wrong. It is 14mmx2.0 right?

Uh.. That's Sam HILL.........;)

An FYI.

The flange nut the fit the lower control arm bolts are the same size plus the addition of the flange on one side and,... what you call it? the crimp to make it a lock nut on the other end.

One of my lower shackle bolts is “popping” when I hit a bump. How does one stop that? It’s annoying

While I lost most of the battles, I finally won the LS-Ecomike war LOL. Front bolt is in, finally:party:!!!:clap:

Now the axle does not want to line up with the spring bolt-pin/hole...., LOL. :eek:

Plan to take the drivers side tire off tomorrow, and float the entire axle, may need to loosen the u-bolts as well to get it to line up.

I've always just removed the springs from the axle entirely, and used ratchet straps as a comealong when it comes to reinstall.

HEY! What about the annoying POPpING noise?

Years go mine mine was the front drive shaft cardan(?) universal joint. Last year it was a broken leaf spring at the axle, hiding at the axle, hard to see. 3 years ago it was the front axle shaft bearing. Two different 4x4 jeeps

Now the axle does not want to line up with the spring bolt-pin/hole...., LOL. :eek:

Plan to take the drivers side tire off tomorrow, and float the entire axle, may need to loosen the u-bolts as well to get it to line up.

You should not have to take anything loose. It does take some force to align the components.

Originally Posted by Ecomike
Now the axle does not want to line up with the spring bolt-pin/hole...., LOL.

Nothing a bottle jack or a come along can't handle.

Last edited:
It's party time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10AkYK43Eh4

:laugh3:

:D

That was too easy!!!!

Now to find those bolt torque specs in the prior leaf spring thread here, or deep in this one?

Just had to get the tire off the other side and get the axle off the ground.....

You should not have to take anything loose. It does take some force to align the components.

I torque my spring plates to 100 ft/lbs. But I also use 5/8 bolts, so....

OEM requires 52 ft. lbs.

I tighten those on my XJ to 65 but the bolts are 1/2" fine thread with deep nuts.

How about the leaf spring eye bolts? Torque spec?
Edit: 115 ft/lbs for the upper rear and front bolt, and 85 ft/lbs on the lower rear shackle bolt is what others posted earlier. That is what I used today.

Time for a test drive :)

OEM requires 52 ft. lbs.

I tighten those on my XJ to 65 but the bolts are 1/2" fine thread with deep nuts.

Last edited:
Back