• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Cooling System Deficiencies & Solutions

I have the new Mishimoto radiator on pre-order and am eager to see how it does.

Let us know how that works out. They make a lot of high quality parts and their fitment is usually top notch.

I bought my CSF 3 row after reading that it was the best bang for the buck radiator for the XJ out there. Had cooling issues for literally several years but I just knew it couldn't have been due to my radiator, after all it was a highly recommended top-notch radiator and it just couldn't be the prblem. Changed out everything else multiple time...fan clutch, tstat, water pump, hoses...nothing worked. Then the CSF finally started leaking and I just replaced it with a stock radiator. Cooling issue solved. Been skeptical of "must-have upgrades" ever since then.

They were the go-to for a long time. At some point I think their ownership may have changed; they moved to a much bigger headquarters and the quality tanked. 2012 maybe? I don't remember exactly when. People slowly noticed the drop in quality - or rather, it happened all at once and we slowly realized it.

I bought my CSF 3 row after reading that it was the best bang for the buck radiator for the XJ out there. Had cooling issues for literally several years but I just knew it couldn't have been due to my radiator, after all it was a highly recommended top-notch radiator and it just couldn't be the prblem. Changed out everything else multiple time...fan clutch, tstat, water pump, hoses...nothing worked. Then the CSF finally started leaking and I just replaced it with a stock radiator. Cooling issue solved. Been skeptical of "must-have upgrades" ever since then.
Uh-oh! I bought one of these of few years ago waiting for my existing to crap out. Still running and the CSF is still in the box. Anyone what to buy it ?!

Let us know how that works out. They make a lot of high quality parts and their fitment is usually top notch.

That's my intention, but considering the temps are cooling down for the year, and I still don't have the radiator, it will likely be next summer before I can give a qualified review.

Uh-oh! I bought one of these of few years ago waiting for my existing to crap out. Still running and the CSF is still in the box. Anyone what to buy it ?!

Stick with the stock radiator. With the stock radiator you can fit the ZJ fan clutch for greater air flow if you so chose. With the thicker radiator you can't do the zj clutch upgrade without potential fitment issues.

Back