• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP231/early Bronco D20 doubler

bobnoxious

NAXJA Forum User
NP 231 with Box4Rocks doubler kit, early Bronco D20 with AA 23 spline input kit and twin sticks. 2.72/2.34/6.36, true front and rear H-N-L. Was installed behind an AX15 in a 95 XJ. All the BS/fitment/shifter logistics has been worked out. Install it in a weekend... pound your floor out a little, cut the shifter hole open a little, and wheel with control and great gear reduction. Also comes with speed sensor adapter and speed sensor.

Note: there is not room for a DC style shaft in the front...single joint shaft.

$1200 with trans and Tom Woods drive shafts
$1000 with shafts
$700 doubler/D20 only (with shifters)

IMAGE_1000000817.JPG

IMAGE_1000000868.JPG

IMAGE_1000000869.JPG

Compared to an NP231 with SYE
IMAGE_1000000870.JPG

What he said!

I used to be an automatic all the way guy...until I started driving sticks that had enough gearing to go slow and not stall. Game changer! As slow as I want...and clutch popping wheel speed whenever I need it.

I can ride the brake and clutch while leaving the gas alone...creep forward up a nasty line...stop and reposition...not fall backwards...not stall...not break the tires free.

Yes...PM me. I also have the flywheel/clutch, and the rig is still here, so the hydraulics and pedal are also still available for a limited time.

Pretty much nothing...it's rusted in the floors and rockers, and pretty well dented/smashed. I think the hood is still straight, and the seats are still good (gray).

Was that made with a kit or did you fab it yourself ? I know about the box4rocks kit but not for a d20 behind it. Interested on how you put this together. Is there some way I could get in touch with you? I have a late d20 j shift t case and a 231 hangin' around in n "87 xj. It looks like a real good setup.

Box4Rocks, EB J-shift D20 with Advanced Adapters 23spline input conversion. I had to modify the welded in cap plate in the doubler kit due to the width of the D20...it was either this or flip it (231 doubler) and mod the floor and go to cable shift.

I had called AA but they didn't know what type of shaft i could use for this setup.Would you happen to have a part# for it? I don't like asking so many questions but did you make a buildup thread on this doubler by any chance?

It was a long time ago (7-8 years), and the customer actually sourced all the parts...but I would imagine this is what he got, minus the shifter spacer/adapter crap, as we went twin stick.

http://www.advanceadapters.com/products/pn-50-9920/

All you're looking to do is adapt the D20 input to Jeep 23 spline. Tell the AA guy on the phone you need to adapt to 23 spline input so you can install onto a Jeep transmission...don't mention the doubler.

The Box4Rocks shaft is Jeep 23 spline.

Sorry, no build thread.

Thanks alot for the info. The AA shaft is the one I thought but I figured it would be a 23 male spline to a 6 10 spline male for the d20. I might be confused but the AA is 23 spline female to 6 spline male, do you remember anything else about how you coupled it together? I really want this setup but with a flipped 231 or maybe try your route. Thanks again.

23 spline female to slip over the 23 spline male shaft sticking out of the end of the doubler.

Think of the doubler as a transmission output.

Back