• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help needed

stxcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so i put on my snorkle a few weeks ago and everything went smoothly.

i took out the stock airbox and put in the k&n universal cone filter sealed system. i have a 95 4.0 6 and i noticed 2 tubes/hoses coming from the old (stock intake). I hooked up the one that went to the valve cover, but the other looks like it goes to a canister, what or where do i hook this up, or is it not neccessary. 4x4 ac, everything still works fine.

the only problem i've had sense the install is my oil cap was blowing out tons of oil, thick smoke, could this be from that hose not being hooked up or it's time to go? anyways replaced the cap today, just curious what to do with the other hose

I searched to see if you truely havent gotten any responses to recent posts. You have got some help.
Anyway, I cant answer your question because Im not familiar with the snorkle setup. I dont believe in coincidence. If the problem started when you installed the snorkle, then thats where to start.
Judging from your recent posts, you have a habit of disconnecting vacuum lines and failing to connect them back up or you just rig them with duct tape or something. My advice is to get ahold of a vacuum diagram from a Chiltons or FSM and start by going through your vacuum system from top to bottom to make sure you havent disconnected lines and neglected to connect them back.

the other line goes to the charcoal canister. The problem you have now is probably due to a clogged PCV (port on top of valve cover in rear). If your change it, your blowby problem may also be fixed.

Back