• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FF DYNAMICS, still top dog?

xcm

NAXJA Forum User
FF DYNAMICS, are they still top dog?
im done w/ heat issues, and am ready to spend, is this still the best way to go?

i live near the beach, but im tired of overheating under abuse everytime i venture into a hotter climate, or lose momentum going up a grade, or both!

has anyone delt w/ the company? the lifetime warranty would be great if it was good.

what do you guys who live in the desert run?

http://www.ffdynamics.com/jeepradB1.html

Chit thats some cash .. I have my stock closed rad serviced every 2 or 3 years.. My jeep gets up to 200 to 220 offroading with the A/C on...I did put a newer elec fan on it, the one with 10 blades off the newer jeeps..The wifes runs 210 down the hwy, but it runs 220 to 230 offroading..With no A/C..I need to take hers to the shop to have it serviced..I live out here in the low desert, palm springs..

How hot does your run? Take it to a shop to have them do a full service on it..Flush and rod out done..

I am very happy with my ffdynamics system. I am getting ready to install the shroud kit just to get the best possible cooling for desert season. XCM if you would like to come see the setup and the shroud kit you are welcome to stop by.

as far as price, im very interested in 'cleaning stuff up' as i mod, i think a nice radiator/fan setup will work well aesthetically, as well as ending the cool down sessions.

plus w/ the fans, its not as bad price wise.

onroad my jeep can cruise all day long and be fine, untill i get a really bad grade and loose momentum. in sub 10mph traffic im sweatin w/ the heater.
offroad heavy sand really bogs me down, as well as just in general needing the extra help.

if/when i do make the purchase, i will be triple flushing the block, the heater core, and possibly looking into one of those coolant filters ive heard about. I want to treat the radiator right, its no stock replacement after all, its an investment.

I am very happy with my ffdynamics system. I am getting ready to install the shroud kit just to get the best possible cooling for desert season. XCM if you would like to come see the setup and the shroud kit you are welcome to stop by.

temecula is pretty far, but i appreciate the offer. i knew before i posted the thread there were quite a few of the major players of this site who ran this radiator, im sure its as beautiful as ive heard it is!

is the shroud kit the differance between the $450, and $499 price's?
seems silly not to get it!

temecula is pretty far, but i appreciate the offer. i knew before i posted the thread there were quite a few of the major players of this site who ran this radiator, im sure its as beautiful as ive heard it is!

is the shroud kit the differance between the $450, and $499 price's?
seems silly not to get it!
I have not looked at the sight lately so I don't know what's up with the prices.

Buyer beware! The system was bought for me as a gift 6 months ago. I had it installed 5 months ago and checked the power and ground connections myself. 4 months later the first fan went out causing it to overheat while the a/c was on. I emailed the company to ask about the warranty. To this day still no reply on that email. And there isn't a contact number to reach anyone. A month later the other fan went out and left me immobile. Once again I wrote the company and waited a week. A week is a long time to be down a vehicle. And still no response. So I checked the BBB, and come to find out they are not accredited for not honoring warranties. FF Dynamics Review - Fans - Repair in West Long Branch, NJ - BBB Business Review - BBB serving New Jersey. So I sent the company a threatening email saying I would put them on blast if they didn't honor their warranty, especially after I sent them all my information about my system and the warranty. They wrote back they they never received it, and that they wouldn't help me because my email was rude and threatening. Hey atleast they replied to this one! In fact here it is;
Hello Joshua,

We do not deal with threats of bad reviews on forums and we do not deal with people who tell how to run our business and try to tell us the correct way a warranty should be handled. Go tell Sony, Pioneer, Sharp that they are all also doing it wrong when it comes to warranty service, that to have items being registered for warranty work to be handled. If you would have taken 2 minutes out of your day to fill out the warranty card and sent it to us so we know, where, what, when and from whom you purchased from, along with if this was a refurbished system or a new system or a used system. We have no way in verifying anything you say, without registering your product when you purchase the system. Your emails to us have been rude and demanding and you still have not provided any proof that you own the system and which system it was. We will not send you any free parts, period. You may do what you like on the forums, we have a loyal following and we do not believe, that one bad apple will do any damage to our company. People are much smarter than to take the words of an irate forum user that has a chip on his shoulder.

Thanks!
FFD

As you can see they are rude themselves, and have not even offered a solution that would allow me to purchase just the motors. And yes the relays get hot and burn out I've already replaced them once. But in the end it was the motors burning out that left me immobile for over a week now. My advice is to find a reputable company. I'm glad I could share my experiences to warn potential buyers.
Josh

Last edited:
PS: it also makes you look like a huge asshole to make a login for this forum just to talk shit on the company. IMO you seem like 100 times more of an asshole than they do right now.

go away :wave1:

The first thing you did wrong was to sign up here just to badmouth a company.
That is a big no no here.
It seems, from the reply you've posted, that you didn't do your homework after purchasing the product.
Too many people try to get a free ride out of businesses these days. That's one reason prices are going up for the rest of us.
Provide the requested information and deal with it in a professional way, the company will do the same.
Threats won't get you anywhere.
Your post makes you look like a real douche, if possible find another forum where you can cry.

meh.. he signed up to warn people about a crappy product.

doesn't bother me at all.

While their system didn't do the job to keep Gomer cool, FFD worked with me extensively to try and solve the problem, including sending me, without charge, a replacement radiator and a set of shrouds. In the end, their engineering group decided I just wasn't getting enough CFMs through the radiator. I still am using the FFD radiator, just not the fans.

I purchased my system through them directly, registered the product. and was not threatening or rude to them in my conversations. Hmmmm.

David Bricker / SYR

what fans are you using?

Stock 97+ mechanical fan with the stock 97+ electric aux fan. Giant hood vents, and manual transmission, so no cooler.

I am also running the ZJ Extreme duty fan clutch. The reason I can get away with the Extreme duty unit is because the FFD radiator core is a bit thinner. I just have enough clearance to slide the fan and clutch on the pulley over the centering pin. So, about 1/4" of clearance to the radiator. Yes, it's close, but I do have Brown Dog motor mounts, so hopefully, I won't torque the fan into the radiator.

Howls like a 747 on take-off, but seems to be doing the trick.

David Bricker / SYR

Back