• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new member in houston area

1016332 is sold but i liked the roll cage in it. my xj has allmost 300000 on it it was hardly in 4x4 before i got it and never offroad. i drive mine everyday the only thing i have done to mine is a rear locker but its going to get lifted and some tires soon. are you going to try to make rom if you get it soon?

My jeep has 235k miles on it. It was a park ranger XJ before I got it. When I bought it, it had a little under 200K, so lets just say the last 35k miles have been hard miles. ;) These motors will go for a long long time if serviced regularly, and taken care of. I wouldn't let one around 200k scare you off...... once it gets 250k and above I would only look at it, if it was DIRT cheap or in immaculate condition.

Good friend of mine daily drives an 89 XJ with 325k, and has a 30 mile each way commute to work everyday.

nice. cheaper and better deal than anything i find around here. plus its a naxja member.

it is @ 1000 miles from houston to co springs. at 2.50 a gallon it, it will cost $160 round trip for the corolla and $175 to get the xj home. plus food costs.

how much trouble is it to register an out of state vehicle?

looks like southwest has a one way ticket for $84. hmmmm

Last edited:
No more trouble than a locally purchased vehicle as long as it passes inspection, and smog (if you are does smog).

shoot, i didnt think about that. what if i get it here and it doesnt pass inspection. guess i would just have to fix the problem.

Yeah.... hell if it is registered, and legal, and they have smog, then you can probably safely assume it did. If it isn't registered and legal, then he could probably tell you (and possibly provide paperwork) when the last time it passed smog.

Might have the 2.8L V6. Plus it doesn't say if it is 4WD or not.

You don't want a 4cyl. Probably doesn't sound that bad, but after you got it home you would be disappointed.

Back