• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trucks Builds project "Cheap Cherokee" (full episodes)

boostamante

NAXJA Forum User
A couple weeks back i noticed trucks was building a XJ called "cheap Cherokee". It was good info for a noob like myself so i figured i would post this for others to enjoy or kill time.

The build consists of a beat up 88 XJ. They install a ford 8.8 rear, 33" tires, 3" lift, cheap paint job, 97+ front end... blah blah blah...

here is the link. Enjoy!

http://www.jeepstrokers.com/cheepjeep/

I caught the first episode and could have sworn they were building my XJ.

Now if only they knew what they were building. That misinformed announcer girl keep calling it a ZJ.

Thanks for posting the link, very informative.

yeah, its a cool build for sure. especially since i cant afford to dump tons of cash into the XJ. im sure if i spent around 3k i could get it to where i want it. now i want 33"s lol so i take it a 4.5 inch lift should clear those right?

Well they could have done it cheaper it does add up fast.

Here is my breakdown:

Jeep $550
Fixing trans $220
Paint $320
Lift $900
SYE $500
Misc $400

total $2890

I still have to finish out the interior but I have all that, Bumpers I also already have.
But lets say $1000 for interior and bumpers if i needed to get them.

Well they could have done it cheaper it does add up fast.

Here is my breakdown:

Jeep $550
Fixing trans $220
Paint $320
Lift $900
SYE $500
Misc $400

total $2890

I still have to finish out the interior but I have all that, Bumpers I also already have.
But lets say $1000 for interior and bumpers if i needed to get them.

Jeez, thats good

My build:
2700 heep
700 rustys 4.5" lift
420 33"bfg mtrs & crawler 15x8 rims (Yea, 420, amazing right)
220 RCX sliders
80 RCX diff guard
440 JCR winch bumper
FREE warn winch
FREE JKS quicker disconnects
40 CB radio & antenna
20 rear hitch D ring insert
300 New cooling system & brakes
total 4920

hey i got almost a grand in mine and still have to spend another grand and it should be at the first stage of done, lol. cause they are never done...
those trails where kinda nice with the trees and green stuff, but im going out to scotts house in his backyard for testing purposes...garantee i break something the first time out....dohhhhh

hey i got almost a grand in mine and still have to spend another grand and it should be at the first stage of done, lol. cause they are never done...
those trails where kinda nice with the trees and green stuff, but im going out to scotts house in his backyard for testing purposes...garantee i break something the first time out....dohhhhh

i think i just need a good solid 3" lift as the one on the jeep now is a BB. So getting the longer springs and some new shocks should help the ride quality. Though i still have to do my home work on the parts though. 3" lift clears 31's without needing a SYE right?

i think i just need a good solid 3" lift as the one on the jeep now is a BB. So getting the longer springs and some new shocks should help the ride quality. Though i still have to do my home work on the parts though. 3" lift clears 31's without needing a SYE right?
no sye for me yet, but im going about 2 more inches so we shall see.
Well that's what ya get for following Scott! :moon:
yep its all gonna be his fault:cheers:

Back