• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody know if Bilstein 5100 from a 4" lifted XJ will work on a 3" lifted XJ

FREE JEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody know if Bilstein 5100 from a 4" lifted XJ will work on a 3" lifted XJ

I have a chance to get Bilstein 5100 shocks from a 4" lifted Cherokee and I have a Cherokee with a RC 3" lift. Does anybody know if they will work on mine? It would be nice to get extra flex with the 4" shocks, but I am afraid they could be too tall and would compress too early. Any help would be great.

I did try to search for some info on this, but did not have any luck.

Thanks

Re: Anybody know if Bilstein 5100 from a 4" lifted XJ will work on a 3" lifted XJ

bump stop it so they do not bottom out and run them

Re: Anybody know if Bilstein 5100 from a 4" lifted XJ will work on a 3" lifted XJ

I thought about that, but didn't want to drastically reduce my up-travel. I know my droop will be better. Thanks for the reply.

I'd run them as is, I wouldnt't expect an issues. Have you measured both sets of shocks? They may not even be different.

Ben

He gave me measurements of 17.5" compressed and 25" extended. I do not have measurements of mine compressed and extended. Only thing I know on mine is that the body length is 14" from bar pin to the top of the body. Sitting on level ground from bar pin to the top plate before the bushing is 19 1/8". I have the guy with the Bilsteins measuring the shock body so that I can compare. I don't know if this info helps with anybodies suggestions. Thanks

Back