• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FSM for 98 XJ?

The redesign was in 97, most docs I have found are for 97-98 and 99-2001. Maybe the vets can speak to this in more detail as I am pretty new to the XJ world. Good luck..................... :geek:

Travis

FrankDV1 said:
Can the above manual be used for a 97XJ. I noticed that most cut-offs are between a 96 and 97 for some reason. I surmise it was a major change between those years. Any info would be appreciated. Here's a link to the item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&rd=1&item=7917667625&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

New manual is $90...thius one is considerable cheaper. Thanks!

If you look closely you will see that the FSM you are looking at is for a GRAND CHEROKEE. A Grand Cherokee is not and XJ. It might have some common parts like the 4.0 engine, but all body parts would be different.

Hope this helps-
Jeff-97XJ

Jeff-97XJ said:
If you look closely you will see that the FSM you are looking at is for a GRAND CHEROKEE. A Grand Cherokee is not and XJ. It might have some common parts like the 4.0 engine, but all body parts would be different.

Hope this helps-
Jeff-97XJ

My bad...I was looking at 14 pages of listings and just got excited when I seen that one. Thanks so much. I'm just going to order the one from Chrysler. There's also a seperate AW4 booklet that you can buy. Again...thanks for the feedback!

Frank

Back