• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is different on newer than 98 grand cherokee breaks.

Won't work for you. I mean you could probably modify it to work, but you'd have to modify A LOT.

The brakes you want are from a ford explorer. Anything solid axle with disc brakes.

Basically the same as the ZJ, but more common and a better finished product.

What rear axle do you have?

But i appeares zj disc flanges bolt on dana 35 8.25 and 44.
I am not afraid of modding. Thought about welding brackets on and running chevy half ton or anything with 5x4.5 rotors

Just have seen no reason newer than 98 zj brakes cant work.
When did 5" lug pattern happen

Pretty much all zj brakes will work as well as liberty brakes. I think liberty will be easier because you dont have to enlarge the centerhole as much.
99 was the start of the wj's and the 5x5 bolt pattern. You can use wj parts also but you will have to redrill your rotors. It might be possible to use zj rotors on the wj disc setup but i am not possitive.

ZJ rotors will not work with WJ calipers! There is absolutely nothing to modify with KJ backing plates.

Pretty much all zj brakes will work as well as liberty brakes. I think liberty will be easier because you dont have to enlarge the centerhole as much.
99 was the start of the wj's and the 5x5 bolt pattern. You can use wj parts also but you will have to redrill your rotors. It might be possible to use zj rotors on the wj disc setup but i am not possitive.

Even with ZJ parts, the hole can be enlarged very easily. You SAND it......

Im gearing up to do the KJ swap. figured itd be the simplest. done have to grind anything. just longer mounting bolts, and D30 front wheel studs and your in business. Do have to mess with the hardlines a bit, but doesn't cost a lot.

Back