• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Open Open or Weld the rear

I agree, mine was always going out of adjustment and was a pia.

The only people who'd really like an OX locker are the people who have never had one. ;)

hmm.... mine seems to work fine. i cant speak for it being stronger/weaker than something like an ARB or zip locker. but after the initial setup it has been hassle free. works as advertised.

:dunno:

Ill be the odd ball. I DD my jeep over a year with a welded 8 1/4. It wore tires a bit more noticeable but that was my only complaint. The road manners were not bad.

I'm cheap and it worked. Once i upgraded from 27-29 splines I did a spartan. Better road manners but more noise.

It can be done and it is tolerable. I just tried to save the tires. Is it the best option. No. But for a cheap build it works just fine. Every ones opinions differ on what is street able and what isn't.

I have a PowerTrax No-Slip in the rear and a Lock Right in the front. The No-Slip has excellent road manners and is very quiet. About once a year it will load up and let out a single BANG, but otherwise it makes no objectionable noises. The Lock Right is very quiet except for some clicking in 2wd on tight low speed corners.

I have a PowerTrax No-Slip in the rear and a Lock Right in the front. The No-Slip has excellent road manners and is very quiet. About once a year it will load up and let out a single BANG, but otherwise it makes no objectionable noises. The Lock Right is very quiet except for some clicking in 2wd on tight low speed corners.

Its just reminding you its still there lol :confused1

I run 4.88's with a full spool in the rear and a PowerTrax No-Slip in the front. It drives pretty decently on the road. Just the chirp chirp chirp around corners. No excessive leaning or binding, I tend to over steer around the corner and bring it back to take the load off (guess I learned that automatically).

If I had to do it again, I'd keep it the same way. It's not for everybody, but I actually like the results and gains in traction when going off the pavement.

ive heard they can be a pain to adjust, don't wanna fiddle with on board air etc, mines a daily, with a sub box and a full system, so no where to put the compressor so it looks clean. id like to do a lunchbox locker of some sort, prolly either lokka or aussie. maybe a Detroit in the 8.25

ARB makes a little compressor you could almost put in your pocket. Trust me, you could find a place for it. It's not like it needs to go inside the jeep either. Under the hood, under the floor, pretty much anywhere. Hell the thing would probably fit in the glove box.

After blowing up three aussies in the rear of my trail rig, I welded it. I love it off road, it does fine on road except tight turns. It eats tires up!

Save money for a full case detroit on either end or both

If you happen to have an NP242 transfer case and if you like to use the full time 4WD option at times on the highway, you should definitely not put an auto locker up front. You'd be asking for trouble.

Back