View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2018, 17:57
NAXJA# 2091

Re: Bent valves and wiped cam?

Even after all the physical engine repairs I posted, it is showing a pending code from random misfires. At least it was before they cleaned the fuel injectors. But I suspect, from what was said, cleaning the fuel injectors did not help. Have not been able to find out if the pending miss fire code is there or if the idle miss is still there. My main concern is how and why all the engine damaged happened. And what might go bump in the night next with Miss Liberty. I have already told him to buy an additional warranty and trade the damn thing before the engine blows up.

Spark plugs and coil packs are on the suspect miss cause list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Mesa XJ View Post
Oh there’s a KJ side now? I got a ping because I posted to that thread.

I don’t trust what the repair shop says. Tensioners and chain should have been fine unless the shop screwed up.

Random misfire with no CEL could be coils, wires (3 of them go from the coils if I have the year right.) and spark plugs. Injectors maybe, my f150 had bad injectors cause a miss like feeling with no CEL

Um there is something most 3.7 & 4.7 have where they feel like they miss at idle, drop rpm below 550 the spike up and settle down. Pretty much a known gremlin to jeep because Chrysler set the idle so low. All kind of things might feed in to it but a lot of us have replaced everything that in theory can cause it and it comes back. But this is only a at idle where it feels like it might stall but doesn’t.
If that’s the miss he might have nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
34 MPG , '85 2WD Cherokee Pioneer with custom installed, 64 hp, 2.2 L Nissan SD22 Diesel 5 spd Manual; & 4 Renix XJs, '87 Wagoneer 4.0, 4WD, 89-Cherokee, 4WD, '87 Cherokee 2WD, & '89 Cherokee Pioneer 2WD, all 4dr. #2091

Last edited by Ecomike; January 13th, 2018 at 18:01.