• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D&C Extreme Cage Install

Here is the main hoop floor plate I have 2inch wide plate underneath the cab but two of the bolt holes would not reach the inside of the unibody rails so I used sheet metal bolts on the two inside mounting holes. If you want to use steel plate on the underside of the unibody rails I suggest making your own mounting plates. I used D&C mounting plates for the main hoop.

IMG_0023.JPG%208-6%203_zpsq5gcya9u.jpg

Here is the rear spreader mount I made my own mounting plates out of 3/16" plate inside and underneath the cab. There are two bolts holding the mount I had to work around the gas tank.

IMG_0021.JPG%208-6%205_zps5sowqgjj.jpg

And here is the addition to the cage. These bars did not come with the kit I added them for extra strength and a place to mount gear as well as seat 3 point harnesses and headrest for the kids.

IMG_0020.JPG%208-6%202_zpsn7dzkakg.jpg

This is the mounting point for the addition I used 3/16" plate inside and outside the cab. This is inline with the rear axle and should also give additional support to the cab in that are as I have been cracking the floor. I will post some more pics of the stress cracks that I have had to repair.

IMG_0022.JPG%208-6%206_zpsi6iiiil3.jpg

WOW great pics!!! Thanks for posting!

WOW great pics!!! Thanks for posting!

Thanks I am taking this weekend off and going to Hot August Nights with my POPs. I will be working on the unibody mounts and final gussets next. After that I will be painting the cage with POR 15 and doing the floor in Durabak Smooth Grey. After that padding the cage and reassembly of the interior. Still trying to figure out what to do with the headliner thinking of cutting it in half because there is no way I am going to be able to slide the it in. Ordering three point harnesses as well and installing MAC tracking system in the rear cargo area.

I'm nervous about the headliner too. Would it have been a suicide mission to try and leave it in? My thought would have been to get some sheets of aluminum to bend behind the welds to protect it...

Can't wait to see the progress!!

I'm nervous about the headliner too. Would it have been a suicide mission to try and leave it in? My thought would have been to get some sheets of aluminum to bend behind the welds to protect it...

Can't wait to see the progress!!

I tried to use Aluminum foil to protect the headliner but I got a cross arc from the tip of the gun and it was Fu@&$!@- weird . I tried using card board but I set it on fire and the headliner too. With all the grinding welding and how hot it gets inside the cab I had to take everything out. It has been over 100 every day here so Cab temps when working have been like 110 even with the doors open. I lost 5 pounds of water weight one day beat that weight watchers.

From what I understand if you hole saw the floor and drop the cage down then you can safely weld up the whole cage. At least that is what I have seen people on here do in the past.

From what I understand if you hole saw the floor and drop the cage down then you can safely weld up the whole cage. At least that is what I have seen people on here do in the past.

Great idea, that's what I'm going to do! :cheers:

Weird that Photobucket let you link to those images and then yanked them. And a bummer.

Photobucket sucks!

Is there another way to post photos?

Working on Photo's

Last edited:
I've been using Tapatalk to post images since Photobucket started screwing things up. But there are other ways.

IMG_0025.JPG%208-6%207_zps3pvvufhh.jpg~original

Last edited:
IMG_0023.JPG%208-6%203_zpsq5gcya9u.jpg~original

IMG_0022.JPG%208-6%206_zpsi6iiiil3.jpg~original

IMG_0021.JPG%208-6%205_zps5sowqgjj.jpg~original

IMG_0020.JPG%208-6%202_zpsn7dzkakg.jpg~original

IMG_0024.JPG%208-6%204_zpslvt1dbpx.jpg~original

Back