• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What happened to the Mishimoto radiator thread?

Hi Ryan,

Our radiator does have a built-in transmission cooler like the OEM radiator.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

-Steve

Really interested in this radiator, and will be ordering one for the wifes 97. If it works well, I'll order another one for my 99 2 door build later this year.

Will it be available without the built in cooler?

I tried to order the Mishimoto but they said delivery was looking like mid-to-late October. If they could get it to me this month I would go for it.

I tried to order the Mishimoto but they said delivery was looking like mid-to-late October. If they could get it to me this month I would go for it.

Email them and see if you can be a beta tester?

Thats what they should do. Get them to some of the Death Valley/desert dwellers for proper real world testing.
My account is new but I have lurked around for some time and I was going to message them about doing this. I live in Las Vegas (sounds like their manufacturing and or shipping facilities are located somewhere in NV) and my jeep runs hot. I was going to message them and see if they would want to have someone test out the radiators and have pictures and info uploaded here for others to see that the product is quality and will work. Weird, cause I have been looking at a Novak all aluminum radiator setup and came across this thread, I will message Steve and see how it plays out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I don't want or need anything for free, I just want to be able to use my Jeep for what I bought if for! Currently I can't make it up the hill to the mountains...

I don't want or need anything for free, I just want to be able to use my Jeep for what I bought if for! Currently I can't make it up the hill to the mountains...
I agree, I didn't approach it as getting things for free. I approached it as I would pay for the product, post unbiased opinions and information about how the product works and build quality. Only thing is I would want it before October when they are slated to ship. (also wouldn't make sense if it were tested in October considering it will have started cooling down by that time, right now would be the hottest/best time to test the true cooling performance of the radiator)It would be a way for them to show people it is a good product and that it performs as they say it does, in the pre-order stage of things. I have the same issue, mountains and even highway driving in the 110 degree heat out here is horrible with the stock radiator.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Wasn't saying you'd get it for free. I would expect to get a little bit of a reduced price for your help, though.

I do know that as it stands, I'm apprehensive about spending $600 for a radiator from a company I personally never heard of. If you take that same radiator company and solve the cooling problems of a guy in NV who previously couldn't make it up a mountain, I'll beat down their door for a radiator when I need one.

I am hoping that Mishimoto (Steve) gets back to me today regarding a delivery time. Otherwise I will go with the Griffon. I have to get up in the mountains soon!

Hey everybody,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all, I was out of the office all last week and just returned. I'll be returning all of your PM's today and talking to the project manager about you guys testing for us. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to get these out to anybody before the expected launch date (which is the middle or end of September at this point). Like I said, I'll be responding to your PM's today and hopefully we can get setup with some of you to review the rad.

Thanks everybody!

-Steve

Really interested in this radiator, and will be ordering one for the wifes 97. If it works well, I'll order another one for my 99 2 door build later this year.

Will it be available without the built in cooler?

That's awesome to hear! We don't have any plans at this time to build this rad without the built-in trans cooler, however, I will pass your interest on to our development team. This rad will work with manual transmission XJ's and the built-in cooler shouldn't have a major effect on flow or cooling without trans fluid running through it.

Thanks!

-Steve

Are the cooler fittings threaded in a way that will accept AN-6 adapters

I know (and like) where you are going with this, but even if they aren't, it's a LP system, wouldn't be hard to adapt to -6AN, even if it means a short hose with a pushlok and barrel.

Are the cooler fittings threaded in a way that will accept AN-6 adapters

The upper fitting is welded with a male 5/8-18 thread with a 45* taper at the end (designed to work with the stock trans cooler lines). It's probably possible to find an AN adapter or have one made, but it may be hard to find.

The lower port is a simple 5/8-18 female for a compression fitting, so that shouldn't be too hard to find an adapter for.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

-Steve

The upper fitting is welded with a male 5/8-18 thread with a 45* taper at the end (designed to work with the stock trans cooler lines). It's probably possible to find an AN adapter or have one made, but it may be hard to find.
Reason I asked is I have not been able to find a 5/8-18 male flare to AN -6 adapter anywhere and am having to use a cut piece of stock line with a hose clamp on it.

Reason I asked is I have not been able to find a 5/8-18 male flare to AN -6 adapter anywhere and am having to use a cut piece of stock line with a hose clamp on it.

You should be able to braze a steel -6JIC to a 5/8-18 bung to make an adapter.

JIC fittings are directly compatible with AN. The only difference to note is the AN are made with aluminum, the JIC are steel.

Additionally, JIC are cheaper, and I can get them at Northern Tool (though I am going to pay through the nose to do so.. .and even so, they are still cheaper!)

I plumb everything with JIC, bwcause I can use regular wrenches with them and not mar the finish, and this isn't a Space Shuttle we are building, where every ounce counts.That said, there are some AN adapters on my rig for no more reason than that I happened to find them at the hydro shop, or already had them on hand. Perfect example would be the hydroboost brake booster and Saginaw steering box in my S10.

Back