• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need new 4.0 need recommendations

rysam

NAXJA Forum User
Locked up my motor on the way to work, looking to replace it. I’d like to put a new/rebuilt in instead of a jy special.
Im looking for recommendations on a good stock replacement that wont break the bank. Not hearing a lot of good on atk or titan, cant afford a stroker..what options are out there that dont suck balls?

01 xj 4.0

Craigslist -- I got lucky and found a little old lady owned 98 grand with 27,000 original miles -- she totaled the jeep, I bought the motor for $350

I didn't believe the 27,000 miles so I went and saw it -- motor was still in the ZJ and sure enough the odometer read 27,000 -- if I had only known how desirable those seats are I would have bought them too -- barely any wear on them

Jasper,I,m happy with mine,34,000 on this one,no problem.

^

Would love to rebuild my own but have no garage to work out of.

Seems like there are similar stories for every re-manufacturer.

At least it comes with a warranty, I guess...

I would definitely steer far clear of Titan. They build a complete garbage product and once the motor fails, they always find a reason for the failure to be with the customer and refuse to pay for it. Plus Titan isn't even their name, that is a shell company, for two other shell companies before you actually see the real owner.

Back