• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jcr offroad, any good?

wow just looked at their site (yes im one of the affore mentioned "newbs") haha all the xj stuff with the exceptions of the skids look really simple to build at home. i would love to work there haha

wow just looked at their site (yes im one of the affore mentioned "newbs") haha all the xj stuff with the exceptions of the skids look really simple to build at home. i would love to work there haha

If you have 1.) The Ability 2.) The Equipment 3.) The Time, then you certainly could build this stuff at home. But for those that don't, JcrOffroad is here. :smootch:

If you have 1.) The Ability 2.) The Equipment 3.) The Time, then you certainly could build this stuff at home. But for those that don't, JcrOffroad is here. :smootch:

Thats my problem, I have access to equipment and I could easily design some parts but I lack the physical know how on some things. Then I have to rely on other people to do it, which I hate. They always seem to have something going on at the wrong time! Its just easier to throw down the debit card and call you guys! :D

anyone know the difference between the stage two and stage three JCR sliders. i cant determine the difference between the two.

anyone know the difference between the stage two and stage three JCR sliders. i cant determine the difference between the two.

The outer tube on the stage 2 sticks straight out the stage 3 outer tubes angle upwards.

JCR has pretty much exclusively provided the armor for my Jeep, and its great stuff. Just put on my stage three rear bumper, and its awesome. Going to fab up some reverse lights, but no big deal. Just got a set of D-ring tabs and shackles to put on my custom front bumper. One of the nice things about there builder parts is the minimal clean up work you have to do before you can start welding.

JCR has pretty much exclusively provided the armor for my Jeep, and its great stuff. Just put on my stage three rear bumper, and its awesome. Going to fab up some reverse lights, but no big deal. Just got a set of D-ring tabs and shackles to put on my custom front bumper. One of the nice things about there builder parts is the minimal clean up work you have to do before you can start welding.

Same here, JCR is good stuff! :D Ordering my bumpers in early march, I can't wait!

full jcr armor here, bought the stage 2 rails when i got the xj, ordered their stage 3 front bumper with lean light hoop last week and should be getting it some time this week.

gonna pick up their swing out rear bumper, tcase skid, and upper and lower 1/4 panel armor here soon too. love the looks of the green rig they use for all their photo's!

might even swing some of the tube doors if i can convince the wife a xj doesn't look silly door less.

when you come pick up those coils sometime, you can check out the stage 3's. ill either have them on my rig or they will still be laying in the garage. but hey, either way i got em haha

On that stage 3 rear bumper, what size spare are you running, and do you have any pics of your setup? I have been contemplating going this route instead of lifting my HEAVY 33/12.5 spare up on the roof rack everytime I need the room up there. Just wanna make sure it will support the weight and not look goofy.

On that stage 3 rear bumper, what size spare are you running, and do you have any pics of your setup? I have been contemplating going this route instead of lifting my HEAVY 33/12.5 spare up on the roof rack everytime I need the room up there. Just wanna make sure it will support the weight and not look goofy.

I've got a 33" on mine with no issues. No rattle at all.

101_7110.jpg

101_7130.jpg

That bumper looks great, similar to the one on JCR's site, perhaps yours is an early version? I'm really worried about departure angle with that tire hanging out back there. Perhaps if I talk to the guys at JCR I can convince them to raise up the mounting point and angle it to follow the back window a little more. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
I have heard that the tire carrier bumper have thre tire sitting low which causes it to get hung up when comming down off obstacles. In addition, the support is inadiquate resulting in the rear cross member breaking.

I think they need an angle bracket welded to the bumper and secured to the unirail shareing the bolts that hold the fuel tank guard.

That bumper looks great, similar to the one on JCR's site, perhaps yours is an early version? I'm really worried about departure angle with that tire hanging out back there. Perhaps if I talk to the guys at JCR I can convince them to raise up the mounting point and angle it to follow the back window a little more. Just thinking out loud.

I'm sure they'd be happy to help you.

I have heard that the tire carrier bumper have thre tire sitting low which causes it to get hung up when comming down off obstacles. In addition, the support is inadiquate resulting in the rear cross member breaking.

I think they need an angle bracket welded to the bumper and secured to the unirail shareing the bolts that hold the fuel tank guard.

First I've heard of the rear bulk head breaking. Got any pics of breakage?

They do have unibody tie-ins that share the same bolts as the gas tank skid.

First I've heard of the rear bulk head breaking. Got any pics of breakage?

They do have unibody tie-ins that share the same bolts as the gas tank skid.

No, I have no pics. I have never seen the bumper except on their site or here on NAXJA.
I see a picture if the tie-in on their site and I will say that it is in-adequate to support the down force of a large tire sitting out back, a trailer in tow while driving along a bumpy fire road or similar.

Back