• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE trackbar brace & Kevin's Trackbar conversion ?

xj-boonie

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if the RE Trackbar brace will work with Kevin's Off-road Trackbar conversion?

Thanks,
Mike

Anyone? or does anyone have a pic of how the brace attaches to the trackbar mount?

The RE brace will only fit the RE bracket(you might be able to modify it to work but it would take some work).

I am going to attempt using the RE trackbar brace with the TNT bracket this weekend. It looks like it is going to work out with it mocked up. I had to replace one of the bolts with a carriage bolt so the superflex joint would clear, but otherwise it should work. I'll post pics after we get it done.

Well the Kevin's bracket is a modified stock one(meaning no inside flat mounting surface to use.
trackbar5.jpg

The RE trac-bar bracket has a flat side for the brace to bolt to that the stock bracket doesn't have.
I added a brace to my Kevin bracket, modeled after the RE bracket.
I drilled out the bracket's tapered hole, the one that the stock trac-bar TRE used, to 5/8". This hole is used to bolt the brace to the trac-bar.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/sets/72157603825744373/

Back