• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The force was strong with this one, Oil filter nightmares

So who is running the Naxja web site? It looks like it is a naxja problem at least in part. While it works for a few of us, it should work for most of us on most browsers. It looks like a code issue to me on the image code page, as the code does not end with a .jpeg or .jpg file name, unless the way this stuff is coded has changed recently?
Does this trick below work?

picture.php

I paid.

Shoot, I am on the BOD.

:dunno:

So who is running the Naxja web site? It looks like it is a naxja problem at least in part. While it works for a few of us, it should work for most of us on most browsers. It looks like a code issue to me on the image code page, as the code does not end with a .jpeg or .jpg file name, unless the way this stuff is coded has changed recently?

picture.php

That's a good observation. If I sign out of NAXJA, I can't see the pictures. When I login, everything looks good.

picture.php

If the trick below is that you quoted me, then yes, that works. If there is supposed to be a picture, then no, it didn't work.

That's a good observation. If I sign out of NAXJA, I can't see the pictures. When I login, everything looks good.

That explains why I only see them in the Firefox browser, it is the only browser I log in from. And I never log into any sites from a cell phone for security reasons. Too portable and easy to steal. So it is partly a Naxja issue, but many vehicle blog sites do the same thing, block image viewing unless you sign in or join. That is why I don't bother browsing their sites!!!!

So folks need to log in to see the photos, like on many other sites. Also some have security settings issues in their browsers they are using, or the IE settings of the operating systems.....

There are plenty of people posting in this thread that are logged in and can't see the pictures...

AND are paying members.

I'm sure that the shadow knows.

I commented in the other thread. It's 100% the Naxja forum. I wouldn't waste any more time on this until we can get buy in from the BOD to allow us to host pictures here and that someone will look into who gets access to the vBulletin albums.

OK, screw Naxja, I can get this stuff for free, why bother paying dues for something that does not work hereHasta, LOL. Here are the photos, in spite of Naxja, :party:

http://imgur.com/BJTmf9v

BJTmf9v.jpg

BJTmf9v

http://imgur.com/rmq3XgS

rmq3XgS.jpg

When all else fails just use a BFH!!

T9JoE7K.jpg

Time to get serious folks. This filter will not win. It's going down for the count!!!

That's crazy.

I've always hammered a large screwdriver or bar through oil filters that were on way too tight and cranked them off that way, but I'm not sure that would have worked in this case.

Crazy indeed. That is why I took photos. In my 45 years of wrenching, I have never seen anything like it. I knew when that chain wrench collapsed the filter sides as it grabbed on tight that there was not enough torque or room on the 4.0 for the screw driver through the side method, which I used years ago once or twice on other rigs.

Even with 3 feet of moment arm (cheater pipe-breaker bar) it took 2 minutes of steady force with all my strength to get one full turn on it. I was sure the tool was about to break first.

That's crazy.

I've always hammered a large screwdriver or bar through oil filters that were on way too tight and cranked them off that way, but I'm not sure that would have worked in this case.

Was the seal wiped with epoxy instead of oil when it was installed?

:doh:

:D

No , just a nut on the other end of the wrench and socket cranking down for all he was worth on that 1" nut on the top of the K&N oil filter, and with the gasket lubed up good, it was even easier to over torque the holyhell out of it.

Back