• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trojan.Malscript env.nocache.js

Muad'Dib

NAXJA Forum User
Recently when browsing this website, I get constant Antivirus alarms for env.nocache.js. Can the webmasters please look into this? It just started happening pretty recently on this site and happens on every page I browse here.

Thanks!

**EDIT**

Upon further investigation it appears that this javascript file is coming from d.envolve.com. This appears to be the third party that you use for the newish chat feature here? Interestingly when I browse their site (ex "https://www.envolve.com/docs/single-sign-on.html"), I also get the same AV alarm. I would suggest working with them to remediate the issue.

Last edited:
I'm getting the same thing

Recently when browsing this website, I get constant Antivirus alarms for env.nocache.js. Can the webmasters please look into this? It just started happening pretty recently on this site and happens on every page I browse here.

Thanks!

**EDIT**

Upon further investigation it appears that this javascript file is coming from d.envolve.com. This appears to be the third party that you use for the newish chat feature here? Interestingly when I browse their site (ex "https://www.envolve.com/docs/single-sign-on.html"), I also get the same AV alarm. I would suggest working with them to remediate the issue.

A quick look at the file doesn' reveal anything suspicious, and it's definitely coming from d.envolve.com. I've reported this to support at Envolve.

Ditto. Home, work and lap top computers all get the same virus - being caught by Symantec.

Which A/V app is alerting on env.nocache.js? And are you on any other boards that also use the Envolve chat system?

I personally use Symantec Endpoint Protection, but I would say with a certain amount of confidence that any of the consumer line of Symantec products (Norton) would also pick this up including:

Norton One
Norton 360
Norton Antivirus
Norton Internet Security

I don't believe I am a member of any other boards that use Envolve Chat, but I did notice that if I visit the Envolve website I get the same AV Alarm. Looking at their webpages show the chat in the lower right just like it is setup here. Each page with this chat in the lower right (On NAXJA or Envolve) will set off the AV Alarm.

Thanks

No response from Envolve yet. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow morning, it's getting removed. I've also been contacted by other former users of the Envolve chat client for the same reason.

Back