• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vanilla Gorrilla blog

Dude awesome

Duuuude. The jeep is looking killer. digging that commute too.

ce0413f8dee943ecc9a10e264162f0f1.jpg

Got this bad boy in. Super stoked to finally have this. Ive been waiting for 2 years for bryson to produce this baby. Ill be taking a look at it all this weekend probably.

Been driving the jeep alot lately. Its been surprisingly very reliable and steady on the road. Still need to rebuild and addaleaf the rear leafs and rebuild my front driver shock mount but ive driven it back and forth to reno and sf a few times each in the last month. Other than the occasional DW(need to realign it) its been awesome albeit noisy.

I like that bumper dude

Thats just a hidden winch mount and pitman arm brace. It puts the winch below the radiator. Im still debating on modding my current bumper or building a new one. I like the look of my current rigidco bumper but id like it if it was a little lower profile. We will see.

Free winch
45040887ed163a7a1a6f8a9e3aaeb8f8.jpg

Did some test fitting. This mount was designed around a warn 8000 winch. Mine will need some solid 1/4” spacers under the feet to clear the bracing and fairlead mount. No bigs
006416dddb4fdcceaafe817c78a68790.jpg

This end housing is not rotatable so the free spool handle will be pointing to the rear of the vehicle. Kind of a bummer but oh well. When i get the cheese ill upgrade to a better winch with synthetic line.

I've been following that comp mount for awhile. If I had an xj I'd probably buy one too, such a cool product. As for the ares bumper, I'm all for it. I'm actually trying to get my coworker to buy one for his XJ. Lower price, nice simple design, high clearance, tow points. Do you think the weight of comp mount plus the bumper might be a bit much? I had day-dreamed about doing the comp mount with tube coming off the front/sides to make a bumper similar to Jeep450r's(I think it was his) to keep the weight down.

Not really. The ridigco bumper i have now is beefy and has a reinforced crossmember plate right where the new winch mount will go. It was a support for the 2” receiver hitch. Its pretty damn heavy already. Im pretty sure the area bumper is a bit lighter. And the winch mount isn’t all that heavy. Plus all that winch weight will be about a foot closer to the axle centerline than if it was in a conventional location and about a foot lower as well. All around i think ill only be adding the weight if the winch itself or there abouts. Ill be switching to synthetic line as well.

Dude

Back