• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BUILD: My 1987 "Wagoneer" XJ Limited

I've seen the chrome overlay license plate 'eyebrow' in the junkyard a few times, always on older Waggys, and they said Wagoneer, not Jeep. That is a cool find! Toward the end of the run, the only time I saw the chrome strip would be on a Limited, and then not always. It's amusing to see the way XJs were optioned through the years. My son's '95 former police Jeep was a fully loaded Sport, power doors and all, but without a center console. My '96 Country has crank windows !

In your picture, on the older one on the left, my guess is that the Euro foglight would be the second hole from the top. It would be interesting to find out if the wiring for the fogs is in fact in the harness, just without a bulb socket on it. My '96, which didn't come with factory fogs on the front bumper had the switch wires at the place where the switch would have been. I swapped for a bezel with the switch, and it plugged right in. I added the front header harness and relays from a donor with factory fogs, and now I have 'em too.

Now I'm even more excited about checking mine out! :D

I've seen the chrome overlay license plate 'eyebrow' in the junkyard a few times, always on older Waggys, and they said Wagoneer, not Jeep. That is a cool find! Toward the end of the run, the only time I saw the chrome strip would be on a Limited, and then not always. It's amusing to see the way XJs were optioned through the years. My son's '95 former police Jeep was a fully loaded Sport, power doors and all, but without a center console. My '96 Country has crank windows !

In your picture, on the older one on the left, my guess is that the Euro foglight would be the second hole from the top. It would be interesting to find out if the wiring for the fogs is in fact in the harness, just without a bulb socket on it. My '96, which didn't come with factory fogs on the front bumper had the switch wires at the place where the switch would have been. I swapped for a bezel with the switch, and it plugged right in. I added the front header harness and relays from a donor with factory fogs, and now I have 'em too.

Eight minutes on eBay NOS:

T2eC16FUE9s3wBnF5BQ9dwCnFIg60_57_zps83d27323.jpg

A set without the chrome recently sold for $500.00! :sunshine:

• $%28KGrHqN,%21pUE+-opeD,RBQH+h-m7p%21%7E%7E60_14.JPG
  • $%28KGrHqF,%21rcE+rmghkkpBQH+hoN1Uw%7E%7E60_14.JPG
  • $%28KGrHqJ,%21qIF%21O%21U%28of8BQH+hUptIQ%7E%7E60_14.JPG
  • $%28KGrHqZ,%21qIF%21OBdd6LfBQH+huq%28cw%7E%7E60_14.JPG
  • $%28KGrHqF,%21jEF%21e3QbKkNBQH+h0s,G%21%7E%7E60_14.JPG
  • $T2eC16h,%21y0E9s2S9LjbBQH+iImWng%7E%7E60_14.JPG
  • $T2eC16R,%21zUE9s38+GdTBQH+iM%21IyQ%7E%7E60_14.JPG
  • $%28KGrHqR,%21qgF%21KKFEViLBQH+iS81og%7E%7E60_14.JPG

2 NOS Jeep Comanche 86-92 Taillights - NIB Mint condition - MJ Tail lights

Seller information ishootpentax (127
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
) 100% Positive feedback

Item condition: New

Ended: Aug 10, 2012 14:57:29 PDT

Sold for: US $500.00 [ 3 bids ]

I could use those mj taillights

That is just nuts, there are several places that sell them new all day long for about $35

Hell I bought 2 running jeeps, 84 and 87 for 450 and 500 the last 6 months.

The rear license-plate chrome overlay has arrived from Switzerland!

XJOverlayPost_zpsac03d875.jpg

It may appear to be shorter... But it is stamped with the correct part number.

Looks like it's for a '97+? Earlier ones look longer?

I never expected to find this find... NOS stored away for 25 years... Complete set of seat-covers:

JeepLimitedupholstrya2_zpsde3ba876.jpg

Did they have a second set?

By the way, I have the same Wagoneer!!

Did they have a second set?

By the way, I have the same Wagoneer!!

Unfortunately only one set. Every good-find seems to have a story... This one goes... This 78 year-old gentleman purchased a new 1987 XJ... But the seat-covers were defective. Jeep provided replacements... But he totaled the XJ before they were replaced. I initially made contact in search of other XJ stuff... He then offered these seat-covers.

Back