• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Titan Monster 4.9 300 Cubic Inch Jeep Stroker

Wow, you guys are quick to jump to conclusions. Have anything better to do than rag on people you don't know? Not looking promising there. No, I work at Old Navy, thank you.
If my posts bother you or threaten your manly prowess in any way, that's too bad. Maybe one HONEST post can make a difference, instead of a bunch of he said she said & 'I made up my mind before I went there and wanted them to screw up just so I could be a lemming like all the other posters.' Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, I get that. XJ, Rubicon, Cherokee, Comanche, or bloody Bat mobile, it shouldn't make a difference. Just sayin. . .

Titan earned the reputation they have on this and many if not all other forums. It did not come from he said she said BS.

You had a good experiance? Great. Some people think McDonalds offers the best burger available - and I am happy for them, but I desire better food.

Its all perspective. We expect more out of a company who wants our money. Quality products and more importantly good customer service.. other engine builders offer it, Titan has not.

From Jeepstrokers, also a one off:
"I have a 4.9 Titan and do not have any problems. It has about 5000 miles and I drive it everyday. I have been to the Titan facility in Fla. They have remodeled in the last couple of months, and it is very impressive."

I received this via PM on jeepstrokers.com from Wildjeepchick on 4/4/2011.
I live thirty minutes from 'Titan' in Florida. I've talked to three different people there, and perused their stuff online. They seem well informed and very reasonable. I was told to ask you directly about your experience(s) with them. I've looked through the posts that mention them specically, and have noticed that they DO NOT have many fans here. Can you tell me why exactly I should steer clear? Do you have a particular horror story that makes them bad? My Rubicon is my baby, and I want to be sure why or why not I should buy from someone before I do anything big.
PLEASE RESPOND. I'm really interested in the knowledge you have.
THANK YOU!

but... she already had the engine for a while?

Last edited:
I looked over at JS and she's posted 7xs about her 4.9l titan since January(fueling issues above 4K), so dunno why the recent msg Talyn got from her implied she wanted info before she bought something major from them.

Wow, you guys are quick to jump to conclusions. Have anything better to do than rag on people you don't know? Not looking promising there. No, I work at Old Navy, thank you.
If my posts bother you or threaten your manly prowess in any way, that's too bad. Maybe one HONEST post can make a difference, instead of a bunch of he said she said & 'I made up my mind before I went there and wanted them to screw up just so I could be a lemming like all the other posters.' Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, I get that. XJ, Rubicon, Cherokee, Comanche, or bloody Bat mobile, it shouldn't make a difference. Just sayin. . .
Who in their right mind would hear that a company is crap and still go buy an engine from them in the hopes that it crap out, giving the person room to complain? I mean seriously, do you have that kind of money to throw a few grand away just so you can complain? How is your one post the only honest one? A quick search here in the mod-tech and street & performance forums will give you first hand info from people here who have run Titan engines and gotten screwed. Hell, there's at least one in this thread detailing his bad experiences and bad service.

Why all the fronting and baiting if you do indeed sell a quality product that you stand behind?

i agree with all the people who said have a local machine shop do it. i am an ase certified tech. i put a 4.7 in a customers jeep a year ago. he had one of our local machine shops take his motor that i pulled out and bring it back a full on 4.7 stroker complete from pan to valve cover. and if i remember correctly the machine shop bill was around 2500, thats with the crank and everything else the machinist did. oh, and fyi. we put 24lb injectors in it and it wasnt impressive, put 30lbs in it and it was a completely different engine and actually made me want one!

Titan has been digging their grave for years. Having their sheep (you) spam forums isn't going to make things any better for them. Oh wow they remodeled? that's great to know, they still make crappy engines.

Last edited:
The guy who runs a jeep shop near me just put a Titan 4.9 in a customers rig.

It sounded good, but time will tell.

Oh another thing if you want to blend in you're going to have to do better.
No one posting a customer reviews describes the companies history... ever (you went as far as saying their previous location 40 years ago really how would a normal customer know/care to know that).
Rarely does one posting a customer review bump a year old thread. They wouldn't join a forum that doesn't apply to their vehicle just to post about some company. They also wouldn't mention the facility has been remodeled...

YEAH, let's push around a little girl, who's probably just taking daddy's and machanic's word for it. She's gotta be like 18-20 something, off at college in Gainesville --GO GATORS-- Daddy told her he would buy from Titan, because they had the best price and they're close to her. She doesn't have any problems because she's not paying for anything.
I AM NEW to this forum, yes, but it was recommended that I join. So I did. The first posts I see are trying to make a nieve daddy's girl look bad? Maybe she has a big mouth; most women do.
Come on. . . You act like she shot your dog.
XJ guys are better than this.
Grow a pair and get back on topic.

YEAH, let's push around a little girl, who's probably just taking daddy's and machanic's word for it. She's gotta be like 18-20 something, off at college in Gainesville --GO GATORS-- Daddy told her he would buy from Titan, because they had the best price and they're close to her. She doesn't have any problems because she's not paying for anything.
I AM NEW to this forum, yes, but it was recommended that I join. So I did. The first posts I see are trying to make a nieve daddy's girl look bad? Maybe she has a big mouth; most women do.
Come on. . . You act like she shot your dog.
XJ guys are better than this.
Grow a pair and get back on topic.

You obviously know nothing about Titan's poor excuse for a stroker......That or you are also trying to defend Titan. There is a lot of info here and a LOT Of good folks . Dont let this one thing make you think we are a bunch of asshats. Titan is well known for producing garbage. Just ask the multiple people who have gotten motors from them that were nothing but trouble. I'm not going by experience i am going off of facts.

Last edited:
Another person from the area Titan is in, who signed up just to defend the person who signed up just to defend Titan.

Why dont you guys give it up already?

Back