• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looks like my engine is toast. Opinions on these compression #'s?

Double check your distributor indexing. It can be off in the direction that causes problems at real low rpms as well as off in a direction that causes problems at higher rpms.

Where can I get the 4 hole injectors for a 97, 4.0?
Thanks,

I just got back from a 2 tank road trip...rural highways in New Mexico. I got 23.2 and 25 mpg- my best ever. I don't get why my mpg is so good if my wet vs dry compression numbers are so different.

I'd love to drive the wheels off it, but if I can't get it by emissions without a rebuild, I might buy something more comfortable and with modern safety features like ABS. A stroker with a higher compression ratio to make up for the altitude would be fun though.

Oh yeah- the following are brand new
4-hole injectors
Cap, rotor, wires, plugs
The actual complete distributor. Old one had a little play in it so I thought it might be the cause of my miss, but it didn't make a difference

It has quicker starts and better throttle response now (and apparently REALLY good mpg), but I took it to an emissions bay and there was no improvement in the emissions at idle- like 500 ppm at idle and 180 is the limit (which I squeaked pass by revving it way up to heat up the cat just before the test)

IAC motor is a year old. Old one was fine. I also ran a can of mopar combustion chamber cleaner through before I did the emissions test and compression test.

Got about 100k on the cat, but I doubt the cat is causing the miss

Oh yeah- fuel pressure is 33 psi and oil pressure is about 45

Back