• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arms

alfredsxj

NAXJA Forum User
yea i finnaly took all of the advice that i was given and i made some long arms, what do ya think?

S2010011.jpg

S2010008.jpg

im glad that i did it, it has alot more flex and the ride on the road is almost like stock

S2010010.jpg

S2010007.jpg

S2010006.jpg

S2010008.jpg

S2010005.jpg

S2010003.jpg

S2010002.jpg

yea and that was in 2wd!!

Holy hell.

You did not use the stock crossmember.

This is a bad dream, right? I'll wake up and this thread will be gone?

*pinches self*

Ah, crap. Get that thing off all public roads until you actually understand what the hell you're doing.

vetteboy said:
Holy hell.

You did not use the stock crossmember.

This is a bad dream, right? I'll wake up and this thread will be gone?

*pinches self*

Ah, crap. Get that thing off all public roads until you actually understand what the hell you're doing.

Unfortunately, we're all in the same dream apparently.

Seemed permanent enough until we called you on it...much like a few other things on the rig...

At one point I made an offer for you to come up and wheel with us...I think I've changed my mind.

did you research others long arms?

first; your frame side control arm mount is an anchor, you need some sort of "ramp" on the back side of the mount so when you hit somthing it grinds up and over. the way it is now you will just stop and get hung up.

second; you are going to rip your entire tranny cross member off which is going to take your front axle with it, you do realize that all the forces involved in your front suspension including the entire weight of the front half of the jeep is now being displaced through 4 tiny bolts (ok two studs two bolts kill me) ?

its great that you took some good advice, but that just plain sucks that you didnt get any for building it.

vetteboy said:
Seemed permanent enough until we called you on it...much like a few other things on the rig...

At one point I made an offer for you to come up and wheel with us...I think I've changed my mind.

i wouldnt come out any way, id end up in jail...

88rockxj said:
and your drag link belongs on scarysteering.com or somthing, wheres your front drive shaft?

thats not my steering im gonna use, i broke the pinion a wyle back and havent had time to put the new one in...

you just said it drove like stock on the road, so you drove with that drag link.

vetteboy LMFAO not even 30 minutes and its already on pirate ready to be praised for all its glory

88rockxj said:
you just said it drove like stock on the road, so you drove with that drag link.

vetteboy LMFAO not even 30 minutes and its already on pirate ready to be praised for all its glory

lol....I had to throw it up on another couple sites too ;)

88rockxj said:

yea man around the damn block...

You definatly need something else to anchor those links, I would be scared to hit a decent size pot hole head on with that thing! Hack the LCA mount off of the "frame". Search around, there are countless threads on homebrew LA's that are just awsome. Its a start though, a very very rough one but still a start :)

you need to just spend a couple months researching, reading, and looking at pictures of jeeps and how thier setup on here then you will understand. why would you make temporary control arm mounts to drive around the block in 2 wheel drive?

why? did you need to roll it out of the garage? move it onto a trailer?

alfredsxj said:
ya are some true ass holes

yes we are, but at the same time i am trying to help you out. people that learn the hard way usualy end up being good , hopefuly that will happen to you.

can you honestly not use the search button?

Back