• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Connectors

ZombiE

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone,

I pulled my AC control panel because it was flaky. After I disconnected the two wiring connectors one was melted a tad on the wiring that supplies the 12v to the blower moter when it is on high. So my question is where can I buy a new connector? Will this be a junkyard thing? Dealership? I have searched the internet for a like item only to come up empty. Any help would be appreciated. The blower moter was cutting in and out. The connection on the end of the wire doesn't seat well in the connector anymore, so that is what was causing my problem, I temp fixed it but want to get a new, or used connector to replace it.

Thanks all,

Alex

The dealership will probably tell you you would have to buy the whole wire harness. I would try a junkyard first. But that can be iffy because sometimes those junk ones can be in bad shape too.

I had some luck (after alot of headache) awhile back with finding a harness connector that plugs into the TPS connector. My strategy: I emailed the company that manufactured the sensor (Wells i believe) and they were very helpful in locating a part number for a pigtail connector that could be spliced into the harness. I was very impressed with Wells' customer service.

I pretty sure that heater/AC module doesn't have a pigtail running out of it but maybe you can figure out who makes aftermarket modules and write them to see if they know where to get the male(?) connector that plugs into the module. I'm sure they would have some clue.

One company that makes alot of those connectors is amphenol. Also a really really good electronics shop that carries prototyping hardware can probably match it up.

Thanks guys for the replys. I'l probably hit up the junkyards and see what they have. From there I'll sit here and look through the online cats of all the connector vendors out there, was trying to avoid that :)

Alex

Back