• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 Bone Stock XJ Sport

He is probably suggesting those for brake clearance. I am not familiar with that setup though.

If he were to go to WJ brakes!

Since when? I'm a paying member and this is news to me.

Since when? I'm a paying member and this is news to me.

Go to your USER CP -- under networking is pictures and albums

Load your pictures into an album and link them from there

It's not a huge amount of storage but it is usable storage included in your membership

I have no idea how long it's been available -- it's been around for the year I have been here

So is that budget $5-6k above the 4k purchase price?
If not, I say 2-3inch lift which needs to include the 1inch transfer case drop.
And skid plates. I have an early 99 sport with a 3inch
lift and Falken AT's. Goes anywhere you need it too if you're not rock crawling.
Was just in CO, had to avoid some big holes with some big rocks. No skids yet...but never even put it in 4WD.
So again, I say lift and skids...the rest will come.

The $5-$6K is above purchase price.

I got some money for Christmas and my birthday and ordered this Rough Country front winch bumper.

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-xj-winch-bumper-1057.html

I scored these sliders on Craig's List from Smittybilt.

https://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/223.htm

I'm leaning towards this JCR rear bumper and tire swing.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/12249_735X_PG.htm

I'm having a hard time choosing a lift company, they all offer the same products so input is appreciated. Pretty sure 3" up is as high as I'll go but I'm open to being persuaded to go higher if the pro's outweigh the con's.

My tire research has me leaning toward Toyo Open Country AT II Xtreme. Being a daily driver I don't want to get a overly aggressive mud tire.

https://www.tirebuyer.com/tires/toyo/open-country-at-ii-xtreme/p/tv190001835?utm_source=&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=Toyo&utm_content=Toyo-shopping&CAWELAID=330004830003200690&CATARGETID=330004830003217340&cadevice=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzKzI-bq32AIVleNkCh1VxgnAEAYYAiABEgJQIPD_BwE

Can't make up my mind on wheels.

Lastly I got a complete 1992 4.0L HO motor, with a transmission, which I will "slowly" start building a 4.7L Stroker motor. The motor is already tore down I'm researching local machine shops to do the block.

Jeeps and boats are expensive...

Happy New Year everyone.

If your building a stroker, I highly recommend Russ Pottenger(Bishop/Buell).He's probably the best man out there on 4.0's!

Got my Rough Country front bumper installed last weekend which looks great but was a bit of a pain to install. Had to drill out a lot of the bolt holes but it's in and I like it.

Then jumped the gun and started looking at take off tires on Craigslist.

I found Rubicon take offs that are 32" tall with stock rims that I actually like. Haven't bought them yet but I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger.

Question is how high do I need to go to fit them?

Don't want to go higher than 4".

Any thoughts?

The sliders may go on this weekend.

FYI for those rubi wheels the only ones that bolt right up are the TJ ones. The newer ones you'll need an adapter as the bolt pattern is different. Not a big deal but something to know. Agreed with Trippled, trim the fenders at 3.5 you'll be fine. I ran 33's with the same lift height and no issues.

Nope, specially with those rims and spacers! I would rethink that.

Well you could but its going to rub. You could look into some flat fenders or flares if you wanted to get some more room and still have it look factoryish.

I have installed a couple sets of these on 4in of lift. They clear with 2in of bumpstop and minor trimming. If you run 3in of bump in the front and spring plate bumpstop I. The rear it should clear

Back