• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plugs and what do they do?

chickenbot

NAXJA Forum User
93 xj np231 ax15

I found some random plugs I just don't know what they are for. They are all located under the dash drivers side.

10zu8ia.jpg

345jxj8.jpg

nd0ytk.jpg

Top one looks like the ABS diagnostic connector.

Middle looks like the connection for the ash tray lamp.

Bottom is the connector for the headlight delay module.

Whatever that middle one is for it’s a light of some sort.

Pretty sure I’ve seen a plug like the one in the top picture we don’t have ads either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on options you will have unused plugs.
My 89 came with speaker plugs to all the doors, under the dash, in the rear deck lid and a plug in for the radio but it was a factory radio delete option. Made it real nice when I went to put one in

The Orange and Blake is for the ashtray, the light socket has a pig tail on it.

This is it. There's probably plugs on either end with pink and yellow wires that are waiting for the lower lamp kit to be installed. There's a bracket that screws into the underside of the dash which holds the light socket, I've added it to a few base models so far.

I like being able to illuminate the floorboards.

Top one looks like the ABS diagnostic connector.

Middle looks like the connection for the ash tray lamp.

Bottom is the connector for the headlight delay module.

I have what you've labeled as the ABS connector without ABS, it would be the only trace of it so far. I have a Bendix 9 system on the back burner that I should look at today and see if it has one as well. I know the 90 has an extensive amount of additional wiring which the one I'm presently building lacks.

I guess it should come as no surprise, especially if there's an ABS slot in the fuse panel.

Also, I'm going to check the late models for the delay module plug because I should have extras around and it's a handy feature.

Thanks.

Well, the Bendix 9 didn't have the connector on the HVAC cabinet.

The headlight module in the harness from my 86 came out and went right into my 96, neat stuff.

Back