• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New leaf springs

Dvlman333

NAXJA Forum User
Im new here but have been learking around for quit awhile. Im not new to the offroad community and im a skilled fabricator. So I'm looking to replace my rear leaf springs but not sure who make some good replacements I don't want any lift just some good replacements. Imy going to be putting some 2.5" lift coils in the front and I'm building a set of shackle relocation brackets for the rear along with a flexible shackle. Just to let everyone know I've got a 1996 xj with the 4.0. Any help wI'll be appreciated

I installed Dorman 929-301 from rockauto.com for my stock 96. Almost four years and no problems, not even a squeak.

For a 2.5" lift you may look at something like the OME CS033RB shocks with one leaf removed, it would give you about 2.5" inches. At that point you may not need/want the shackle relocation boxes. With stock shackles the shackles angle is 45 degrees. At that point you might look to the OME 2934 front springs, which with the CS033RB and one leaf removed would give you level height front/rear assuming stock front/rear bumpers. Don't forget to check your driveline angles, etc. with the lift.

I run the OME CS033RB leafs on mine, and I'm still at 3.25" over stock WITH a leaf removed. No settling.

Could be, my 01 XJ has a stock suspension and measured 18" all around with Dorman 929-301 rear leafs. My 97 XJ with the OME 2934/CS033RB with a leaf removed measures 20.25" or 20.50". Measurements are from center of wheel to underside of fender trim.

Thanks for that option. But I'm kind of wanting to build the relocation brackets and the shackles. Im o manning on later down the road maybe in a year or two lifting it to about a total of 3.5 to 4 inches but really can't afford to do that right now with needing to get a sye and driveshaft it just not in my budget. But I would like to lift it a little bit for now. My plan is to build a custom 3 link in the front and maybe just maybe a 4 linked rear. If I don't 4 link it I will at least run shock towers. Here in the next month or two ill be plating the "frame" and probably 2x6 rockers. Plus I'm going to build a belt driven OBA setup.

Back