• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Start after a year off

^^ thats assuming you have solid wiring at the tank/sender.

I think chewed wiring is the culprit to both

I'm going to have to drop the tank again and I'll have tools on hand to repair properly...

Negative results jumping the relay. Negative results switching the relay. Hot wired the pump directly at the last available connection and I can hear something click inside the tank, but no fuel. It looks like the sending unit wires were the ones that got chewed, I see no damage to the heavier gauge pump wires between the connector and their entry into the tank.

Sitting in bad fuel probably did the pump in.

New pump is in, fuel pressure at the rail, new gas, sending until operating appropriately, pump primes as called for. Kicked over for a second but that's all. Still have the P0340 code.

Last edited:
Would my bad battery cause this? It's nearly completely dead and I'm jumping off the jump pack battery.

Oh and stupid me, P0340 is camshaft not crankshaft, so I replaced the wrong sensor

New camshaft sensor did it. She runs, but maybe not so well.

Put some 'HEET' in the fuel tank if been sitting.
Top of fuel and run it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Injectors are probably gummed up. Lucas fuel cleaner does a good job if you want to go slow. You could also spray some carb cleaner into the rail, disconnect the coil wire and crank for a while, probably want to pull the injectors out of the manifold for that which means new o-rings too

Last edited:
Running well on some fresh gas now, the big problem was the arching spark plug from my parallel thread.

Thanks for everyone's help!

So it looks like part of my problem is that I'm getting 4v from my 170 amp Powermaster alternator. How could the entire vehicle be completely shot just from sitting for a while, this is starting to get ridiculous. Last week after I got the fuel pump in, I charged the battery and ran it for a few hours, so I think this may be a new development...

Alot is dependent on the relative humidity of the area that it was stored. When i stored Buster every summer in my garage, I was guaranteed to need to machine the brake rotors and drums. And that was technically indoors! A year is a long time for crap to deteriorate. I tell my customers to drive a vehicle once a month on the highway just to maintain roadworthiness.

Alot is dependent on the relative humidity of the area that it was stored. When i stored Buster every summer in my garage, I was guaranteed to need to machine the brake rotors and drums. And that was technically indoors! A year is a long time for crap to deteriorate. I tell my customers to drive a vehicle once a month on the highway just to maintain roadworthiness.

That's fair, my brakes are totally toast, didn't expect any less, I dunno, it looks like it's running yet again at this point but it's one glitch after the next. It's on a small island with a lot of salt in the air, but I couldn't have imagined the destruction from rodents and to sensors.

Small island. What else are the rodents gonna do. They're too short to wheel the truck ;)

Back