• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Expedition XJ Build, Tech & Sources Thread

Here's mine. It's nowhere near finished
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1123773
1eef400da571e4d15029fe789cceccc4.jpg

Amazingly my build is taking a LOT longer to do than I originally thought. Shocker, I know... haha. I find for every hour I spend actually welding/grinding/etc there is at least an equal hour of me scratching my head trying to (over think ) stuff. Oh well.. it's getting there.
7457cbdd5ca671120a739c56f6e23c62.jpg

Mine has slowed a bit but still working it. Planned shop time tonight but had a guru show up unexpectedly and we spent time looking at my running issue instead of drawer progress.

A little more progress this weekend. Came up with a design for latches/handles that I think will work. I hope. ;)
4b86b9fe7f2b23e762de69fa8fae8a0c.jpg
63974b06fd98779a1c1c99e1c7bf4a6b.jpg
6598177ff72a1f07d70bb14dca3e0a30.jpg
ab59f99322b41b1eae7ac58dbc0a8206.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully someone is still out there!.. I need some more info on the 2 battery setup - wrangler kit? from where? looks like you changed your air intake - more info please...

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully someone is still out there!.. I need some more info on the 2 battery setup - wrangler kit? from where? looks like you changed your air intake - more info please...

Easiest way to do a two battery setup on an XJ/MJ is to get a Battery Tray from a postal (RHD) Cherokee and then put in a Specter Air Cleaner setup to clear your factory air setup from where the new Battery Tray goes then you can use any of a million wiring setups... I always prefer Painless though they are never cheapest. Use the search function and you will no doubt find a great tutorial... or just Google it and NAXJA will no doubt be one of your several results.

Re: Tool Bag & Organization

I actually slip an entire Craftsmen set in between two of the layers, and a rack of metric wrenches into another layer. I will get a pic of it tomorrow if time after work.

Dragging up the past a bit here.... 😁

Cliff notes- had 15 months to plan a trip on the Rubicon. Had stuff pretty dialed in with 9 months to go. Had a fire and lost my entire shop- tools, on board air, spare parts, 65 nova, etc... Got shop rebuilt and most of spare parts to take. Big bummer is I had a bag like this going, and it was torched as well.

I'm 9 weeks out and feel like I'm forgetting multiple tools in my new bag. Can you snap a few pics of your labeled pockets, or even a content list if you got one? (I'm sure you've been harassed repeatedly for it, as this backpack is the best setup I've seen yet.) I ditched my tool case immediately when I saw this and you had such good luck/review of the bag.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Love this thread. Lots of good ideas here. My EXPO style build is a bit different, as i need room for 2 dogs as well as gear for 2 people. so i have to get creative with storage. I often use my backseat, so i cant justify removing it, so it usually stays folded down. I am working on a storage box to fit with it down that is also removable.
fins_zpslo2g5tae.jpg

Great thread! Subscribed.

Back